Application UX Designer
Interested in solving tough design challenges?
Passionate about improving user experiences?
Design for Context is looking for an experienced application UX designer to join our growing team. We create high-quality user experiences for enterprise and SaaS applications, digital libraries, search user interfaces and mobile apps. We help our clients define product vision, improve workflow, and make complex information clear. We are looking for people who are passionate about what they do, and thrive working collaboratively with other smart people to solve tough design challenges.
What You Will Be Doing
- Facilitate user research and working sessions with stakeholders to elicit insights, clarify goals, and identify scenarios of use.
- Lead user-centered design, translating user needs, stakeholder goals, and requirements into sketches, wireframes, prototypes, scenarios, workflow diagrams, site maps, style guides and detailed specifications, using Axure and other tools.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, developers, architects and our design team to conceptualize new features, navigation models, business processes, and enhancements for leading-edge products.
- Collaborate with team members to brainstorm alternative approaches to design
What You Need For This Position
- Experience: 5+ years in user experience, information architecture, interaction design and related fields, including some Agile projects. Experience as a UX designer for web-based enterprise and SaaS applications.
- Creativity: Ability to innovate and solve all sorts of design challenges with creativity.
- Analytical skills: Experience conducting user research and business process analysis, including the ability to analyze and document workflows in specialized domains.
- Collaboration: You are enthusiastic about working closely with other UX designers, graphic designers, developers and team members, and comfortable working in a distributed, collaborative team environment.
- Attention to detail: Detail-oriented and thorough approach to creating deliverables.
- Communication: Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- User-centered perspective: Based on empathy for users and an understanding of business goals, you can advocate for the user and create a vision for a better future.
- Independence: Must be self-directed, confident, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Education: Minimum of BA/BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Information Architecture, or related fields; advanced degree preferred.
How To Apply