Join us in Creating Family Moments!
Creatively Classic Activities and Books is looking for an experienced Industrial Designer to join our team!
The Industrial Designer is responsible for the conceptualization and development of new and continuing products, from ideation through to manufacturing. He/she designs and develops product for a diverse product line with a strong brand focus. The Industrial Designer engages in and is responsible for delivering upon all aspects of the product development process, including concept sketching, concept development, research & development, and product design. He/she creates detailed technical packages for vendors, communicates with vendors throughout the product development process and participates in product design reviews. In addition, the Industrial Designer receives, records and reviews all product samples. The Industrial Designer prepares design assets and participates in regular executive product line reviews. At all times, the Industrial Designer ensures that design and development work conforms and upholds to CCA and B’s brand guidelines. This role requires heavy collaboration with all disciplines across the creative team. It is essential that the Industrial Designer is capable of sharing designs, receiving feedback and applying design revisions to create the best-possible solution for meaningful products.
Who are we?
Creatively Classic Activities & Books is a family-owned publishing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Launched in 2005, CCA and B is home to the bestselling Christmas tradition, The Elf on the Shelf®. We are in the business of Creating Family Moments and strive to provide family-unifying books and activities to families worldwide. At the core of our business are the values that make us an exceptional place to work, known here at the North Pole as F.I.R.E. (Family Focus, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence.)
Despite rapid expansion, we have maintained and continue to offer a strong culture of creativity, fun, learning and respect. We believe that our employees drive our success and we encourage both individual growth as well as extensive collaboration in a team-focused environment. We are constantly seeking talented team members who enjoy a fun and fast-paced work environment and who thrive on innovation.
Because of the dedication and creativity of our employees, we’ve continued to grow in popularity with footprints in the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and Canada. We’ve also grown and expanded our product line to include the Claus Couture Collection®, The Elf on the Shelf: A Birthday Tradition®, activity/coloring books, birthday party games and accessories, the new Elf Pets™ collection and much more!
Interested in Joining our Team?
The Industrial Designer fills a critical role that is vital to the day to day operations of our business.
This role is responsible for:
• Owns the product development process of all projects from concept ideation to final production;
• Creates and maintains highly detailed technical packages to communicate all specifications to vendors;
• Adheres to best practices established for technical packages;
• Communicates with international vendors throughout the product development process;
• Upholds and delivers against product development schedules;
• Designs and develops products to meet target costs;
• Reviews, manages and documents product development samples throughout the entire process;
• Works with Production, Sourcing and QA teams to insure production schedules are met;
• Creates detailed product designs and updates to continuing items to achieve target costs for a variety of product categories including but not limited to: plush characters, doll clothing, molded plastic parts and paper structures;
• Creates detailed design drawings of products using design software such as Adobe Illustrator and Rhino 3D to clearly explain details;
• Creates mock-up samples of designs when necessary to prove form and solutions;
• Designs plastic parts ready for 3D printing using 3D software;
• Selects all materials that will be used in product designs;
• Regularly updates digital assets of designs for New Product Development, Marketing and Sales presentations;
• Ideates new product ideas and continuing product improvements within the established brand guidelines;
• Conducts investigative research and development activities to support ideas including but not limited to market analysis, trend research, competitive research and materials research;
• Communicates ideas quickly using sketching skills;
• Creates concept renderings to communicate design details;
• Prepares cohesive presentations of concepts or design details to present to management;
• Adheres to department’s and organization’s best practices for all tasks;
• Adheres to established file and assets organization in the virtual and physical spaces;
• Participates in the department’s ongoing improvement processes;
• Maintains a clean and professional work environment; and
• Protects company assets through the proper management of asset files and adherence to company policy with regard to information security and management.
If you want to be one of us...
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design required;
• 3+ years of Industrial or Product Design experience; Consumer Packaged Goods and/or Toy Industry experience preferred;
• Knowledge and experience with children’s products strongly preferred;
• Experience with injection molding and paper goods is strongly preferred; Experience designing hard and soft goods preferred;
• Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and 3D Modeling (Rhino strongly preferred); Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel;
• Diverse understanding of materials and manufacturing processes with actual experience in design to manufacturing;
• Strong verbal communication skills are essential for presenting designs to peers, managers and other stakeholders;
• Experience designing consumer products; and
• Active listening skills and ability to follow directions (hear, process and understand).
Want to Know More?
Working at the North Pole is like working with family. We regularly host employee events, birthday celebrations, and social activities to give us an opportunity to get to know one another and take a breather from the hustle and bustle of the North Pole. Each year, (at the discretion of our owners), our office is closed from Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day, and our full time employees are paid for this time. We recognize the need for some R&R after a busy holiday season!
We also offer competitive compensation and a robust and comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan including profit sharing, short and long-term disability, a flexible spending account for medical and child care reimbursement, basic and voluntary life insurance, and a bonus plan.
To learn more about our company, check out our web site at: www.ccaandb.com and www.elfontheshelf.com
CCA and B, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.