Swimways Corporation, located in Virginia Beach, VA, is a leader in outdoor recreational products. Recently Swimways has joined with Spin Master to create an outdoor Global Business Unit which is key to driving innovation and growth within the category. Our mission is making free time more fun through innovation! We have an opening at our Virginia Beach, VA location for a Product Designer.
Product Designer– We are looking for an “A” Player! The Product Designer will be the creative conduit for the Product Development team, working directly with the Product Managers, generating 2 dimensional and 3 dimensional deliverables. The Product Designer must be knowledgeable in the latest computer software and possess the capabilities to create assets that meet or exceed technical & quality requirements, are easily understood and are delivered on time.
• Provide Product Managers with deliverables such as: sketches, renderings, 3D CAD models, physical mock-ups and prototypes.
• Identify opportunities to eliminate cost while maintaining design intent
• Communicate details clearly and effectively to ensure clear direction
• Direct China team to ensure design intent, aesthetic details, color palette, color ways, and construction & manufacturing directions are followed
• Consistently juggle tight deadlines and changing priorities
JOB SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• 3 + years of consumer products experience (toys/soft goods)
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical and decision-making skills
• High degree of conceptual ability, creativity and resourcefulness
• Possess amazing hand sketching abilities on paper and on a cintiq
• Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator
• Proficient in a 3D CAD Package (Rhino, Solidworks, Fusion 360)
• Knowledge of various materials such as plastics and fabrics - Knowledge of manufacturing processes including: injection molding, blow molding, rotational molding.
- Knowledge of deco operations including: tampo, book, spray, etc.
- Knowledge of tooling and the ability to know when shut-offs, slides, etc. are needed.
• Vision, leadership, good conflict management, energy, passion, and tenacity
• Bachelor’s Degree in industrial design, product development, or related field of study
Not only is Swimways a fun place to work but it is a great place to build a career. Go to www.swimways.com to experience the fun and exciting products you could be bringing to market!
Qualified candidates may email resumes and portfolios with salary requirements to email@example.com
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.