Seeking full time sports equipment designer for hard and soft goods. Our product team is looking for a motivated, self – starting designer with a keen sense for performance through design. The ideal candidate possesses an innovation-driven entrepreneurial spirit and a passion to empower the athlete. This position will work closely with engineers and developers in a high accountability team environment to tackle design and manufacturing challenges with a solution oriented mindset.
• Collaborate with Project Management, Engineering, Development, Design, Legal, Marketing, and Suppliers
• Hard and soft sports goods
• Full process including: Collaborative project briefing, conceptualization, functional prototyping, field testing, and design finalization as well as final CAD and technical package creation. Work with team to review samples and deliver revision instructions in sampling process through final sizing, approval, and delivery.
• Work on multiple products / lines
• Research materials and processes
• Manage deadlines, design / manufacturing challenges, and provide solutions
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design
• Work experience in sports equipment, footwear, bags, combination hard & soft goods preferred.
• Strong proficiency with 3D CAD – Solid Works preferred
• Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator, Alias Sketch, Photoshop, hand sketching
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes, techniques, and standards in hard & soft goods
• Have a passion to ‘own’ the product and follow through its full process
• Obsessive attention to detail
• Build and maintain positive working relationships to share information across departments
• Inclined to identify challenges early in the design process and adapt to changes quickly
• Strong mechanical ability/sense/desire
• Excellent written / verbal communication skills
How To Apply