Senior Designer, Furniture- PB Teen
Come build a home with us.
Under the direction of the Head Design Manager, and in partnership with peers, develop big ideas, graphic concepts and furniture designs that achieve overall product strategy and merchant objectives on a seasonal basis. Manage design execution for furniture, leading product development process by working with international home-goods manufacturers/vendors.
* Execute entire design process for a given season within the furniture categories.
* Research and develop seasonal trends, themes, concepts, color, fabric and styling and/or product form, function and manufacturing processes.
* Repeatedly create furniture designs that support merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction.
* Ensure product design package is complete, accurate and handed off to engineers, in-country partners and vendors.
* Maintains brand "Point of View" through collaboration with design peers, merchants and vendors.
* Create and deliver effective, cohesive product presentations to "sell" concepts to merchants.
* Communicate effectively through the design lifecycle.
* Develop and manage seasonal calendars and meet all deadlines.
* Use strong organizational skills and scheduling skills.
* Demonstrate effective cross-functional & vendor-relations skills.
* Tracks department samples and ensures all samples are approved in a timely manner.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Minimum 6 years of product design experience in home goods & furniture.
* Demonstrates strong attention to detail with the ability to design and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Strong sketching and ideation skills.
* Solid experience communicating with international vendors.
* High level of design aesthetic.
* Full proficiency in Mac operating systems with skill excellence in Illustrator, Photoshop, AutoCAD, and 3D rendering programs.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Williams-Sonoma Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
How To Apply