Product Manager - Food - 7041
Wilton Brands LLC (“Wilton”) has a portfolio of iconic brands and is the leading supplier in the U.S. Crafts Industry. These brands help families successfully celebrate life’s many occasions, express their creativity through crafts, encourage them to share with their families and friends, and capture their meaningful and lasting memories. Wilton operates through two divisions, Wilton Enterprises and Simplicity Creative Group, which are leaders in their respective categories. Learn more about Wilton at http://www.wilton.com.
Wilton is seeking a Product Manager for our food team who will support the Director of Product Management in the development and execution of business plans. Responsible for the development of the category plan and the tactical execution of the plan. The Product Manager must fully understand both the individual food products assigned and the aggregate category business propositions.
* Responsible for all product management activities for the ongoing management of assigned product categories. Could also include special projects in the adjacent products as assigned.
* Responsible for life cycle management and implementation of profitable new product introductions in assigned product segment(s).
* Develop a 3-year product plan for assigned product categories with consideration of key target market segments and strategic focus delivering product line growth and profitability.
* Conduct planning and analysis to provide product development teams the business requirements for new products, including pricing, forecasting, launches, etc.
* Conduct detailed analysis of all data, synthesizing data into action-oriented short and long term product category growth plans, including but not limited to new product development direction, competitive gap filling and cost containment
* Determine product pricing by collaborating with the pricing team on in-depth analysis to determine optimal product pricing for Wilton and retailers.
* Document the business requirements as an input to the product development process for the Product Design team.
* Select and approve final product concepts presented by the Product Design team based against criteria outlined in business requirement document.
* Conduct timely analysis of sales performance across key retailers and determine proper course of action based on insights.
* Engage with Sales Partners to review strategic account plans as part of the annual planning process, along with quarterly updates to review off plan updates.
* Confirm retail customer commitments for product/programs prior to finalizing the product requirements for approving purchase order.
* Collaborate with Integrated Marketing in setting direction for marketing/sales support activities such as sale presentations, merchandising, research, promotions, etc. for assigned product categories.
* Collaborate with supply chain on value engineering opportunities for assigned product categories.
* Prepare for and participate in annual product line reviews. Manage items in declining stage of lifecycle. Manage the appropriate system coding and disposition of related inventory within budget.
* Provide appropriate information for the development of seasonal/promotional product information to merchandising to develop optimal assortment and merchandising solution.
* Maintain comprehensive product, category, competitive and industry information and assist in communication of this information within the company.
* Responsible for directing and managing the packaging process for all SKU's requiring packaging within assigned product categories. (could include retailer specific). Also responsible for packaging approvals.
* Direct the work for the product analysts to complete all documentation for product and packaging item set-ups, on time and accurate.
* Responsible for managing the project timeline for commercialization of assigned product categories.
* Bachelor's Degree required; an MBA is a plus.
* Minimum of 5 years of relevant marketing experience including experience participating on project oriented teams; prior industry experience is a plus but is not required. Consumer Packaged good experience.
* Food experience required
* Team player with good interpersonal skills to lead/coach cross-functional teams.
* Possess excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
* Possess strong analytical skills essential for market and competitive evaluation, pricing and line management.
* Strong project management skills, with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines with acute attention to detail.
* Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; ERP experience is preferred.
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
Wilton Brands LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, individuals with disability or veteran status as provided by law. Wilton Brands LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.