Senior Design Strategist
The Senior Design Strategist is responsible for successfully integrating internal and external innovations into new and existing business models, products and services.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate Strategic Design efforts on projects:
• Conduct the research, design strategy, project management and communication efforts related to design strategy in support of products to bring to market
• Utilize appropriate design insights, criteria development tools and synthesis processes for development of underlying design rational, selection and recommendation.
• Define and develop prototypes of new offerings and experiences to test and refine concepts
• Communicate research discoveries through compelling narratives and visualizations to influence the business to show DentaQuest's value in obtaining new and retaining business.
• Provide a strategic lens within projects that includes consideration of the product portfolio, road map, business case, etc. to grow DentaQuest's social and business footprint
• Excellent verbal communication skills, skillful proposal writing, mature problem framing and data evaluation through communication design
• Inspire a holistic approach to design, facilitate complex, multi-disciplinary workshops and ideation sessions, encourage others to be empowered by strategic design thinking in their design processes resulting in collaborative, supported product design
• Collaborate with fellow team members, foster and inspire new ways to work more effectively and with more passion and excitement
• Ability to support current strategic opportunities and identify new ones as well as advocate for design, share knowledge and best practices with other disciplines and management to foster further growth of design strategy and business success
• Undergraduate degree, graduate degree preferred, in design related field such as product design, design strategy, interaction design, design research with additional 2-5 years of experience or Graduate Design degree with focus on design strategy or planning with additional 2 years of experience.
• Clear ability to use research (including primary and secondary research) to provide context and background for strategic design processes
• Familiarity with both business and design planning frameworks and experience with using them in a professional setting
• Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, In Design, Photoshop, Microsoft Office.
• Presentation development, proposal writing, presenting work to small and medium client audiences
• Workshop and work session facilitation
• Clear demonstration of team and/or project management experiences
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform this position.** In accordance with DentaQuest’s Compliance Plan, employee must conduct DQ business in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and report potential compliance or ethical issues to manager or DQ’s Compliance Officer. **DentaQuest’s Affirmative Action Program affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please see Human Resources for additional information regarding this Program.
We offer some of the best benefits in our industry. Below are some of the benefits we offer to DentaQuest employees:
• Medical and Dental Insurance (Includes Domestic Partner Coverage)
• 401(k) Plan with Company Match
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Employer Discretionary Contribution
• Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
• Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
• Medical and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
• Employee Assistance Program
• Gym membership discounts
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.