Mens Activewear Designer - Apply Today!
Castlewood Apparel seeks a highly motivated, engaged Mens Activewear Designer who will utilize their experience and market knowledge to create original and innovate designs true to the aesthetic of the Asics, Avia, Prince & Etonic brand presenting key commercial aspects to the buyers while working closely with merchandising teams to maintain freshness to the in-store product offer for the specialty retail stores
You will be expected to share your product knowledge with team members through constant collaboration and mentoring in order to contribute to the development of the brands design capabilities and maintain the highest quality, function and fit of our products.
Major Functions (Duties include but not limited to):
• Responsible for designing men's activewear consisting of training, running, tennis & lifestyle lines.
• Collaborate with Design Director to set seasonal color story and design concepts.
• Order sample fabric and trim seasonally and follow up on shipments.
• Take initiative & work independently on design projects.
• Design print patterns and graphics.
• Meet with color and trend services seasonally.
• Develop new fabrics and trims with mills.
• Evaluate lab dips, strike-offs, hang tags, trims and bulk fabric, and communicate comments to factories.
• Write tech packs and communicate all necessary information to factories to generate development samples.
• Follow up with factories on sample requirements to insure samples are received on schedule.
• Give direction and follow up with CAD artist when necessary
• Comp shop independently & with team
• Submit all necessary information to factories for costing.
• Tailor tech packs for production orders.
• Review fit samples with technical design to maintain the integrity and fit of the product.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience including design and product development.
• Passion to design and contribute to seasonal research and styling concepts.
• Contribute to the process to innovate and develop new emerging concepts.
• An eye for color, texture and pattern.
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop Excel
• Very detailed oriented individual with garment knowledge.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced/changing environment.
• Work in an extremely fast paced environment meeting calendar deadlines.
• Excellent listening and communication skills.
• Work as a team player with diverse groups and personalities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or 5+ years related design experience.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, salary requirements and samples of your work. Thank you!
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.