Senior Interaction Designer
Senior Interaction Designer - User Experience
GoPro, Inc. is transforming the way people capture and share their lives. What began as an idea to help athletes self-document themselves engaged in sports has become a mobile storytelling solution that helps the world share itself through immersive content.
GoPro offers a fun and fast-paced work environment with passionate and motivated people who have a drive to learn, innovate and succeed.
GoPro is seeking a top tier candidate for the Senior Interaction Designer, User Experience role. The position will drive user interface directions for cameras, aerial products, software and mobile application and related hardware products. As part of the UX team, the Senior Interaction Designer will collaborate with user interface professionals, product management and engineering teams to develop the design deliverables that move products from concept to final art. In addition, the position will maintain the vision for GoPro user interfaces, and communicate it to all members of the camera team. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of schematic creation tools and documentation software.
What You Will Do
* Collaborate with Director of UX, Product Managers and management to define user interface directions for GoPro Cameras and Aerial Products
* Conceptualize new user interface directions for GoPro products and features while taking into consideration engineering constraints, marketing needs and industry best practices
* Communicate new concepts and ideas effectively to a wide internal audience including product management and engineering teams
* Collaborate with other members of the UX team to translate concepts in to comprehensive interface designs that meet the deadlines of the product development roadmap
* Collaborate with other user interface teams within GoPro to ensure consistency of experience across camera and software products
* Work closely with UI Visual Designers to ensure the functional flow and visual depiction are complimentary
* Assist other UX team members in maintaining comprehensive flow documentation and specifications of designs for U.S. and offshore engineering teams
* Leverage qualitative and quantitative user research to direct the flow design and feature implementation
* Manage difficult tradeoffs relating to product features
* Work with Product Managers to determine the feature requirements for new
* Work with Product Managers and Firmware Team to ensure product vision is maintained throughout the product development process
* Contribute unique ideas and influence the design work of others
Skills We're Stoked About
* 7+ years of experience, with a proven track record, in consumer product user interface designs
* Experience with physical interaction, hardware, sensors
* Experience working with consumer product user interfaces (must have some experience other than web user interfaces)
* Knowledge of workflow, wireframing and schematic creation tools such as Sketch.
* Ability to communicate effectively and convey the logic and rationale behind design decisions
* Extremely organized and detail oriented
* Passion for product and dedication to work in a dynamic and exciting team environment
* Ability to work collaboratively with others
* Work in a fast paced environment
* Ability to travel (3-5 times per year)
* BS/ BA degree
* Results and deadline driven
* MS/MA preferred
* Photo/ Video camera related product experience
* Experience working on user interface flows for hardware products with small touch displays
* Ability to create "clickable" mockups using Keynote, PowerPoint, Adobe Animate, Framer or other tools
* Your own GoPro Camera (Mounts and accessories included)
* Live it. Eat it. Love it. – Two dedicated hours during your week to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro.
* Employee commuter shuttles throughout the Bay Area (San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose)
* Employee discounts on GoPro products and other industry discounts
* Paid Time Off Programs
* Medical, Dental & Vision – premiums are fully paid for employees
* Life Insurance & Disability Benefits
* Company 401(K) Match
* LiveHealthy Program - Monthly benefit toward participation in wellness activities
* Awesome wellness program including onsite fitness classes, health screenings, farmers market and more!
* Subsidized onsite cafeteria
* Fully stocked break rooms on each floor!
GoPro is an equal opportunity employer.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.