Senior Packaging Designer
Epoca International Inc designs, manufactures, imports and distributes award winning houseware products. Most of our products are craft coffee/ tea preparation, cookware or entertaining pieces. We are looking for a graphic designer that specializes in packaging design and production. We design products, create memorable messaging, and constantly consider how our products will be used and enjoyed by our end consumers. Our brand portfolio includes Ecolution cookware, Primula beverage products, and large name brand licenses including Tasty home goods and Cooking Light kitchen products, as well as a variety of private label retailer offerings.
Our team is fast paced and energetic. You should be creative, strategic, detail-oriented, self-motivated and effective in communicating via design.
Must understand all platforms of packaging: window box, closed box, blister packs, “try me” packaging. Thorough knowledge and understanding of print processes. Mastery of all Adobe programs required.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design packaging for a wide variety of kitchen products.
- Develop marketing, promotion and sales materials.
- Determine design direction of product categories.
- Mock up packaging quickly and efficiently for large line reviews.
- Cut and mount packages for internal and retail line reviews.
- Manage multiple projects at once with timeline management skills.
- Assist with in-house product photo shoots and color correct digital files.
- Communicate with product development, safety and quality control teams throughout design process, including reviewing and proofing packaging.
- BFA or equivalent degree in Graphic Design required.
- Minimum of 5 years in design with experience in graphic, branding/identity and packaging design.
- Experience in the food or beverage category is a plus.
- Comprehensive understanding of design principles and typography
- Experience in making mock-ups, including cutting and mounting packages.
- Superb ideation, creative problem solving and analytical skills.
- Sketching ability to quickly communicate ideas.
- Knowledge of printing processes as well as printing and packaging materials and techniques.
- Superb technical drawing skills combined with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong presentation skills (oral and written communication).
This role is located in our corporate headquarters in Boca Raton, Florida. Unfortunately remote candidates will not be considered.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.