UI / UX Designer
Do you live to craft intuitive user experiences?
Do you crave opportunities to confront unique design challenges?
Then you're in luck! Peerio is looking for another designer.
Peerio is a Montreal-based company specialising in usable end-to-end encryption tools for team collaboration across desktop and mobile platforms. At Peerio we know that design is an integral part of product creation. We firmly believe that even traditionally uninteresting topics can be made entertaining and satisfying with the right design.
It will be your responsibility to transform security and encryption obstacles into hero moments where people feel empowered and inspired to take action. You will be the wizard our users rely on for guidance and moral support as they prepare to defend their data and protect their team online.
You should be well versed in HTML/CSS, information architecture, and user experience design. You have a good sense of human behaviour, emotion, and expectation. You’re comfortable whipping up wireframes and mockups for agile user testing, and are able to quickly iterate to remove whatever roadblocks are discovered. You communicate clearly and can articulate design decisions in a team setting. You welcome critique and user feedback.
Self-drivers, problem-solvers, and team players will thrive in this start-up environment. Remote applicants will be considered.
- Full time
- Salary $55,000-75,000 CDN based on experience and qualifications
- Remote work possible, EDT timezone preferred
- Ability to clearly articulate design choices to a broad range of stakeholders (e.g. developers, sales, support staff, etc.)
- Experience in software UI/UX design
- A thorough understanding of and HTML/CSS
- Excellent documentation skills
- Approachable, friendly, a team player — no rock stars!
- Experience in user experience research, journey mapping, customer experience mapping, etc.
- Interest in security, privacy, and/or related topics
- Experience in cross-platform application design
- Experience with React (or other JS frameworks)
- An interest in usability and human-centric design
- Application copy-writing skills
- Writing skills for blogs to tell the world about the cool stuff you do
- Strong time management skills
- Can work with tight timelines and strict deadlines
Please send your application to email@example.com
How To Apply