CMF/Trends Design Manager
Filament is currently looking for a CMF/Trends Design Manager for our Seattle office.
• Owns CMF & Trend Department & oversight of scheduling and staff
• Research, development and implementation of CMF and Trend into the company DNA
• Ensure brand guidelines are adhered to with clear color strategy and seasonality among our portfolio of brands
• Create trend, pattern, and color stories for key brands in our portfolio as well as private label customers
• Work with Sales, Industrial Designers, and Marketing teams on multiple projects/brands
• Research trend and provide substance and data behind new ideas and concepts
• Responsible for translating seasonal direction into art concepts
• Schedule workload, priorities, deliverables among CMF team
• Ownership of outside trend assets and reporting to the key company business unit owners (tradeshows, WGSN, etc.)
• Collect and share/source new applications of materials to the team for vetting onto actual items/products
• Work closely with teams to:
o Create original print and pattern concepts based on given direction
o Research and prepare seasonal trend assets (i.e. mood boards) for customer facing presentations
o Apply knowledge of trend findings to renderings of concept in graphic/product presentations
o Interpret customer provided design guides and apply to products for presentations
o Create production files and die-lines for approved concepts where applicable
o Create manufacturing specs for treatment application and subsequent evaluation/approval
• BA/BS Degree in Industrial Design, Graphic Design, or related design field
• 5+ Years of experience as a Sr. CMF designer or higher in designing graphic assets for branded merchandise, or related experience
• Adobe CC; working knowledge of SolidWorks and Keyshot is a plus
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to translate brand guidelines and develop concepts throughout all projects
• Firm grasp on project management, scheduling, and resource allocations of projects
• Passionate for trend analysis (i.e. culture, materials, fashion and color) with an understanding of how findings relate to product and brand development
• High attention to skilled layout and visual organization
• Ability to work in fast paced environment and handle multiple projects
• Highly organized with great attention for detail
• Self-starter with ability to work well in a team environment
• Flexible with changes in direction
• Collaborative with strong ability to contribute ideas on all projects
Resume and Cover Letter a must. Applicants that do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
Get ready. Get set. Tell us about yourself. We want to hear what makes you the hands-down, no-doubt-about-it, ideal candidate for addition to our team. Use your cover letter as a vehicle to tell us about the special attributes you possess that will add some extra flare to the Filament dynamic.
No phone calls please. Filament is an equal opportunity employer.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.