Senior Product Designer
Blundstone is an iconic and fast globalising footwear brand with its origins and headquarters in Hobart, Tasmania. 147 years on it proudly remains a family business. Our brand essence is Never Stand Still. We innovate, design and evolve with our consumers’ needs and attitudes. We are committed to putting our end users and their brand experience at the centre of our business, and design and innovation are at the heart of delivering on this.
We are looking for a senior product designer who has demonstrated stripes in growing a brand(s), growing revenue and winning recognition through design excellence in the translation of insights into valuable, desirable products. This will suit a senior product designer who is ready to take leadership and stewardship of design practices, design led innovation, brand design DNA and product success for a business rich in heritage and brand equity.
Reporting to the Global Head of Brand, Design and Consumer Engagement you will work closely with range management, marketing, communications, sales, and the technical development team. The role has no direct reports. You will be responsible for:
• Delivery of human centred design, design thinking and design led innovation practices of the highest standards
• Undertaking end user engagement and insight gathering activities ‘in market / context’
• Establishing and implementing long term product design Innovation and R&D programs
• Building the business’ design knowledge and expertise for delivering world class work and safety products
• Guardianship and translation of Blundstone brand design DNA
• Contribute to product and range direction and evaluation, for both work and safety and lifestyle products, to ensure long term market growth and leadership for the brand in category(ies).
• Review the market acceptance and functional performance of all products to ensure they meet consumer needs, build positive brand reputation and can generate the expected return for the business
• In collaboration with the sales, range management and product development team effectively manage new product development design activities including insight gathering, ideation, prototyping, validation and testing, and refinement to final product specifications and drawings
You will possess demonstrated experience and expertise in:
• Human centred design practices including end user engagement, observation and insight gathering and translation
• Highest standard product design practices, thinking and processes
• Designing to meet standards, requirements and for manufacturability
• Translating and implementing brand design DNA
• Working collaboratively and effectively with other divisions, project team members, stakeholders and customers, supply and production partners from idea to market
• Excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Agency and contractor management
• Digital design programs proficiencies
This role is a member the Brand, Design and Consumer Engagement Department, and will be based out of Blundstone HQ in Hobart, Tasmania. Domestic travel will be required and some international travel should be expected. A compelling remuneration package is on offer for the right candidate.
We are looking for Australian candidates.
How To Apply