We are New York based home décor, tabletop and kitchenware company looking for a surface/product designer with a 2-3 years experience. The ideal candidate will design a variety of tabletop, kitchenware and home décor product.
We are looking for a person with strong conceptual and design skills. They should be well experienced in working with a variety of materials, including ceramics, metals, glass, resin and plastics. The ability to render items using 3D software is also an asset but is not required. In addition, this individual must have strong organizational and time management skills.
•Create and design new products and packaging for an established, casual tabletop and kitchenware company that support both branded and non branded product line plans
•Developing product renderings & presentations
•Create detailed 2D illustrations &/or 3D models as necessary to communicate with Product Management, Sales & Asian factory sources.
•Research and develop collection’s trends, themes, concepts and styling
•Gather market data on key home trends
•Participate in brainstorming sessions of new product ideas
• Must be a versatile designer that can produce a variety of styles, for a variety of demographics, with a quality design process and aesthetic.
• Bachelor’s degree in Art/Design or equivalent from a four year college or university
• Minimum 2 - 5 years product/package design experience
• Must have proven skills performing computer assisted design duties accompanied by a portfolio of accomplishments. Software knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite specifically Photoshop and Illustrator is a must. Solidworks knowledge a plus.
• Microsoft Windows and Office
• Basic photography skills a plus
• Creative thinker passionate about product/package design and development
• Team player with the ability to handle multiple projects
• The ability to sketch, illustrate and communicate visual ideas.
• Should be able to work with different materials and understand their capabilities as well as their limitations.
If you are interested and meet the requirements, please forward a cover letter, resume, few work samples, 3 professional references and sketchbook format via email.
If available, please include any links to your online portfolio.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.