Industrial Design Manager
Since 2010 iOttie has become and continues to be a leader in car accessory products. We expand upon our industry expertise to challenge ourselves to create functional, meaningful and modern design solutions. We continue to evolve our brand by offering products in other market segments such as consumer electronics, outdoor and lifestyle categories.
About the position :
iOttie is looking to add an experienced Industrial Designer to Manage our growing team. This is a multifaceted position that requires flexible operating between the roles of classic Industrial Designer, strategic planner and user-centric champion. In this role, you will:
• Lead a team of talented senior, staff and junior level Industrial Designers, with a focus on long-term, strategic development.
• Share your advanced knowledge and skillset to continue to elevate the quality and ingenuity of the products we create
• Be a mentor to less experienced staff and provide guidance that helps develop both personal and professional growth.
• Inspire and motivate designers to explore innovative ideas.
• Translate project briefs into executable timelines, milestones and deliverables.
• Work with the Project Manager to simultaneously maintain design intent and mass production feasibility
• Represent the Industrial Design team as point of contact for interdisciplinary collaboration.
• Collaborate with upper management to develop strategy and functional policy.
• Work closely with overseas offices and suppliers.
• Occasionally travel both domestically and internationally.
Who we’re looking for :
Your experience should clearly demonstrate a mastery in relevant technical skills and also show proven success in leading a team of designers in delivering successful and meaningful products to market. These qualifications include:
• A BS/BA in Industrial Design or related design degree.
• 8-10 years of relevant professional experience.
• Strong aesthetic sensitivity
• Great verbal communication and presentation skills
• Excellent visual communication skills – sketching, Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, etc.
• Proficiency using 3D visualization software – SolidWorks, KeyShot, etc.
• Experience with the design and development of physical products.
• Solid understanding of mechanical design, materials and processes.
Join a growing group of passionate and close-knit individuals in the heart of Manhattan, NYC! You can expect:
• Paid Time Off
• 401(K) Plan
• Group Health Insurance
• Gym Membership
• Free Breakfast
• Discounted Lunch Program
• Performance-based Bonus
How To Apply