Industrial Designer - Rendering and Materials Finishes Specialist
Our industrial design team within the Advanced Design Group drives the aesthetic and ergonomic development of Rockwell Collins (Interior Systems) seating products. Collaborating with Engineering, Marketing, and Management teams to explore, innovate, and execute world-class designs, as well as inspiring with preliminary prototypes and innovative functional concepts.
In the Advanced Design Group, you will be surrounded by others who have a passion for new technology, a strong sense of mechanical fabrication, and an obsession for exploring new materials. The ability to maintain involvement in R&D development is required.
• Understand the needs and desires of our customers.
• Explore a wide variety of compelling design options through visualization of our products.
• Performs design tasks requiring the operation and application of sophisticated 3D software.
• Creates high quality virtual reality presentations from sophisticated surface models. Contributes to the commercial proposal process.
• Creates sophisticated experiences and interactions with the environment that convey the intent and purposes of the presentation.
• Maintains technical coordination and aesthetic control with Engineering and other industrial design staff members.
• Communicate these concepts and ideas through verbal, visual, written means, and testing.
• Collaborate with Design, Workshop, Engineering, Marketing, and Management teams to translate project goals into relevant design solution
• Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• 3 + years experience performing the essential functions of this job.
• Bachelor’s degree in Game Design, Media Design, 3D Animation or a closely related field.
• Proficiency in the use of tools such as Unity/ Unreal/ 3DS Max/ Rhino/ Adobe Suite.
• Very strong virtual reality and augmented reality skills.
• Virtual reality interaction programming skills such as C# or Java scripting.
• Ability to rapidly explore a wide variety of styling options (forms, colors, finishes, materials, etc.)
• A love for technology and an active lifestyle.
• Courage to explore new ideas, learn new technologies, a proactive desire to learn.
• Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude, and work respectfully with others.
You need to bring to the table insight, styling, technological solutions, and innovative production options. Ideal candidates will have great virtual visualizing and implementation skills to quickly meet the project goals and requirements. Our office is a fun and relaxed atmosphere, however it can be very fast paced - so it is important to be versatile and organized. The right person is a resourceful, self-starter with the ability to take direction. Strong communication skills with the ability to multi-task and manage their own projects.
Please apply on our careers website or email resumes to Scott_Fry@beaerospace.com
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.