About XKGLOW, INC
XKGLOW specializes in LED lighting and specialty controllers. The XKGLOW headquarters are located in Illinois. XKGLOW was started by two product designers with a passion for MOTORSPORTS! Our background allows us to recognize, address, and implement the needs of our industry. We have assembled a world-class R&D team of 3 Industrial Designers, 1 Graphic Designer, 2 Software Developers, and 2 Hardware Developers. We simply need more help to keep up with the growing demand of development and project management.
XKGLOW the company that pioneered smartphone controlled LED’s in 2011, will soon release the next generation of the most popular controller available! XKGLOW started the smartphone controlled LED craze and continues to lead the industry!
XKGLOW is looking for smart, energetic, computer and people-savvy candidates to join our team. Our forward thinking design team specializes in providing unique LED lighting to all types of industries. An understanding of real world design and a passion for all things MOTORSPORTS will make you an excellent candidate for this position. Be sure to check out our products at www.XKGLOW.com
Position Title: Industrial/Product Designer (Mid to Senior Level)
Reports to: CEO
Position Type: Full Time, salaried
The Designer will be a key member of the R&D Team that is responsible for creating compelling, consistent branding on all XKGLOW’s products and communications. In addition, this position will lead the team as needed by working on new product development, project management, product roll outs, and other projects.
• You will be required to assist in all facets of the manufacturing process from new business development, design, conceptualisation, project management, and product roll out.
• Communicate design strategy and rationale to key distributors.
• Work collaboratively and flexibly with other members of the XKGLOW Team—Marketing, Sales, Product Development, other departments and external agencies to achieve project goals working within brand, regulatory and legal standard and requirements.
• Participate in brainstorming sessions, research and other activities that support creative concept development in collaboration with the entire XKGLOW team.
• Produce accurate and high quality work.
• Write attractive well written product descriptions with the help of the design team.
• Strong mechanical background.
• Provide additional support as needed — that means, occasionally getting your hand dirty in the shop, building functional prototypes from scratch, trade shows, etc.
EXPERIENCE/ ABILITY REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s degree in Product Design or related field
• Minimum 3-10 years of experience with a focus on product design, project management, and product implementation.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and digital editing with emphasis on Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop a plus.
• Photography Skills a plus.
• Proficient in all MS Office and CAD applications.
• Position requires ability to communicate effectively to a broad range of people, in writing and speech.
• Must be detail-oriented while still able to understand the big picture; essential to have ability to work independently and also be a constructive, supportive team member.
• Must be willing to work in a creative, fast-paced and dynamic environment. Extreme flexibility required.
• Must have high interest and understanding of XKGLOW Brand product lines.
Employee must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Send Resume and samples of work to: email@example.com
Submit resume, cover letter, and online portfolio link to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Apply