Packaging Engineer- San Diego
Are you madly passionate about creating great experiences? If you are a talented designer, who knows what great looks like — we need you. You will get the chance to work in every aspect of design and business, and to help us shape the future of HP printing.
In this role, you will work across multiple business segments and customers. You will ideate, define and design compelling packaging experiences for our consumer to enterprise line of printers. You will use your collaboration skills to integrate with multiple design teams, and use your influencing skills to present your stories and concepts to senior leaders in the organization. Your presentations and/or physical artefacts will showcase and excite our internal and external partners.
• Execute design and layout of various packaging and box content
• Create 3D renders of products
• Manage multiple projects from concept to completion, adhering to schedules, and maintaining design files
• Ensure that business strategies are tightly connected to our stories
• Work across multiple business segments from consumer to enterprise
• Drive alignment and collaboration within cross-functional team of designers, packaging engineers and marketers
• Some amount of travel and off hours calls with overseas teams will be required
Qualifications and Skills:
• 10+ years of relevant experience in the industry
• Strong visual communication skills i.e. Sketching, Physical Mock ups (foam core)
• Strong Packaging design, conceptual, structural and branding experience
• Ability to create die lines from scratch
• Strong understanding of typography and color theory
• Expert in retail packaging trends
• Photography and retouching experience
• Ability to work independently and as a team player
• Proficient in SOLIDWORKS, Rhinoceros, and KeyShot or equivalent 3D modeling and rendering software
• Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Cloud with a focus on Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• Must have a 4 year degree in Industrial Design or related field, and extensive design experience
• Qualified candidates must have a portfolio or design samples that should be provided with your resume.
Please note: Candidates should include an updated Resume (Word or PDF) AND a Portfolio link/design samples when applying
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.