Fashion Design Internship
Skullcandy celebrates the risk-takers, innovators and pioneers, those who break from the herd and forge their own path. We celebrate them living life on their own terms and with the soundtracks that inspire them to reach their full potential. They motivate us to be uncompromising, unapologetic, to express ourselves and stay true to who we are no matter the consequences. To live life at full volume.
As a design intern at Skullcandy you will help create the next generation consumer audio experience. You will become an expert in consumer product design, a styling ninja. This internship will report to the Product Creative department. The students filling this paid internship will handle a wide range of important duties as it relates to design, design strategy and the Product Creative team at a dynamic consumer electronics company.
• Help facilitate the Product Creative department agenda, including design strategy and new design thought processes
• Support Product Creative team in all aspects of design functions – research, mood boards, materialization, tech pack creative, ideation, color, etc.
• Brainstorm, propose and develop new product concepts and directions
• Communicate designs through hand sketches/renderings, computer drawings/renderings, computer technical drawings
• Work with the development department to maintain a practical concern for technical processes and manufacturing requirements
• Work as part of a team to contribute new and original design ideas
• Research product categories
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Portfolio that shows thought process and storytelling ability
• Strong aesthetic and fashion sense
• Excellent knowledge of color, material and trends
• Dynamic sketching
• Great eye for detail and amazing design, including presentation layouts
• Ability to communicate ideas both verbally and visually
• Ability to inspire the team (we like people looking for high fives)
• Great team player attitude
• Proficient multitasking and organization
• Illustrator and Photoshop proficiency
• 3D modeling/rendering experience helpful
How To Apply