Note: The location for this job is not Utah.
Role Title: Industrial Designer
Responsible for translating rough product concepts into viable product platforms and seeing them through to manufacture and commercialization
o Work with team to expose areas of exploration and generate concepts
o Take the ball and run with it – start with an idea and make it better
• Effectively partner with Product Managers throughout the design development process to deliver delightful products that meet schedule and cost requirements.
• Collaborate with creative, product, engineering and contract manufacturer teams to assure successful conception and implementation of industrial designs for Outward Hound products.
o Translate rough concepts into viable product platforms.
o Engage in research and reporting of insights
• Manage and build look-alike prototypes to support trade shows, marketing and internal content creation
o Build hand mock-ups and manage rapid prototypes.
o Assist with material testing and research.
o Develop accurate Solidworks CAD files and maintain revision control.
o Update designs per factory feedback.
o Create product specifications, bid packages and internal communication documents, keeping all current through commercialization.
• Candidates must possess a BA/BFA or BS degree in Industrial Design.
• Candidates must have a minimum of four years (4+) of Industrial Design experience in the consumer product realm, with at least two products delivered from concept through launch (full cycle ID development)
• Experienced user in Illustrator, Photoshop, Corel Painter (or other preferred sketching program), Rhino, and Solidworks.
• Good understanding of engineering and manufacturing processes, experience working with internal Engineering groups to deliver product to market.
• Requires excellent analytical skills, creativity, problem solving and teamwork skills.
• Service-minded attitude
• Self starter that thrives on ownership
• Flexible in all aspects of role
• Ability to present ideas and goals effectively to a leadership audience
How To Apply