SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe that extraordinary projects are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2017 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 7th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
The Detroit, Michigan office of SmithGroupJJR, named one of Southeast Michigan’s Top 100 Workplaces by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 is looking for a Visualization Specialist to join our team. Our practices offer local, national and international projects of all sizes including opportunities with our other offices. We are seeking a talented individual who is committed to design excellence, who thrives in an environment of collaboration and who demonstrates a high degree of creativity and entrepreneurial spirit.
Working with us, you will be responsible to:
• Transform site and building models into conceptual and photorealistic renderings using VRay, Lumion, Enscape, and 3ds Max.
• Create and refine 3d models using Revit, Rhino, and Sketchup.
• Create walkthrough/flythrough animations for interviews and client requests using 3dMax, Lumion, and Enscape.
• Develop sophisticated virtual reality environments using Enscape and Yulio.
• Develop augmented reality models for use with Hololens, Vive, and Oculus Rift.
• Produce and edit vidoes using Adobe After Effects and Premiere.
• Remain current/ knowledgable with all software used by SmithGroupJJR for modeling, rendering, VR, and AR.
• Maintain knowledge of software, hardware, and design trends as related to your role.
• Manage the office’s 3d printing processes and needs.
• Develop modeling and rendering workflows and templates to allow for efficient collaboration with designers and architects
• Work with cross-collaborative teams to provide art direction and technology guidance as related to renderings, animations, VR, AR, and post-production.
An ideal candidate will have:
• A bachelor's degree in Architecture, Fine Arts, Graphic Design or other related field.
• 5 years minimum of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficiency in 3D modeling with Revit, Rhino, and Sketchup.
• The ability to output photorealistic renderings with VRay, Lumion, Enscape, and 3ds Max.
• Proficiency in Revit, Rhino, and Sketchup workflows within an architecture firm pipeline.
• Proficiency in Adobe Suites, After-Effects, and Premiere for post processing, video editing, and presentation.
• MAXScript coding knowledge and be proficient with Grasshopper.
• A good eye for visual composition and incorporating entourage into renderings.
• A good understanding of architectural drawings and the design process.
• The ability to work under pressure and with a variety of personalities to meet tight deadlines.
• The ability to work well in a team environment with a collaborative and professional work ethic.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We also offer a flexible work schedule that provides employees with an additional 14 or 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by clicking the link below. Be sure to fill in the required information, and submit your cover letter and resume as attachments. Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroupJJR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
How To Apply