Lead User Experience Designer (UX)- 3D Printing- Vancouver
Lead User Experience (UX) Designer - 3D Printing
Direct Hire opportunity in Vancouver, WA
At HP Inc., we are passionate about reinvention. We believe that technology should make life better for everyone, everywhere. This vision guides what we do and how we do it. In the 3D printing space, HP will reinvent the way people design and engineer with the intent of creating the next industrial revolution. Reinventing a world-class experience design for 3D printing is essential to achieving this exciting vision.
We are seeking a Lead Experience Designer to join our Global Experience Design team to own and drive the experience design of HP 3D printing products. In this position, you will build trusting and influential relationships with the 3D business and R&D teams. You will use your exceptional design skills and experience to define and deliver truly transformational customer experiences. And your work will ultimately help HP democratize manufacturing for designers, engineers, and makers of all kinds. This position resides in the beautiful Portland, Oregon area.
Our ideal candidate will have broad design capabilities. Required skills include a strong command of research methods and experience frameworks, and demonstrated talent to convert observations and trends into valuable and actionable user insights. You must be able to lead and collaborate across both physical and digital design disciplines to define, specify, and prototype groundbreaking experiences. And via your partnering skills with development partners, you will generate empathy for users and advocate for the customer to see your design intent be realized in production.
• Leads overall user experience design definition, strategy and execution for HP 3D Workgroup print products.
• Responsible for researching, planning and producing holistic experience concepts and specifications that optimize the user experience across all Digital and Physical touchpoints (HW, SW, machine interfaces and extensions into services) for the benefit of HP 3D print business, customers, users, and partners.
• Responsible for gaining user insights and leveraging them to drive design direction.
• Establishes and manages experience design projects including schedule, resources, deliverables and reviews, in partnership with design and the 3D print development programs.
• Establishes and manages usability targets and thresholds.
• Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with user experience design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and user experience.
• Minimum 10+ years’ experience developing user experience strategy and designs across a range of connected platforms and devices, including hardware, software, and services.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Design, Human Factors Engineering, Social Sciences research, or equivalent.
• Proven leadership experience with application of design theories, principles, and concepts to a portfolio of multiple information technology, products and services designs.
• Broad understanding and experience in designing and implementing research and data collection plans for experience testing and acceptance.
• Proven ability to lead and collaborate across design disciplines to define and create holistic, end-to-end customer experience designs.
• Self-motivated and able to manage multiple parallel-path projects.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate user experience data, design proposals and product specifications and negotiate options at senior management levels.
• Strongly desired: direct experience in 3D CAD software and/or 3D printing applications as designer or user.
Please note: Candidates should include an updated Resume (Word or PDF) AND a Portfolio link/design samples when applying
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.