Senior User / Usability Researcher
We're looking for our next Senior User / Usability Researchers to help our partner-clients in the San Francisco area. We are considering multiple openings, but expect these roles to be able to lead projects and mentor others. Exact title would be appropriate to your level & experience.
We are headquartered in San Francisco and have expanded to multiple locations in the U.S. where we see opportunity for UX to become more impactful. If you see yourself taking on many roles, from independent research, large-scale projects, user testing, offering research-minded insights, to the occasional business conversation, read on.
This role would primarily involve user research and usability testing across a broad set of projects. Our clients range from enterprise to consumer, Fortune 500 to unfunded start-ups. Products include software, mobile apps, websites, technical tools, hardware, medical devices, services, spaces, public transportation, bagels (yes, bagels), and more. Broad UX skill-sets are a must. We specialize in complexity, whether that is in the product itself, the domain, user population, idea, actual design, etc. Deeply understanding our client’s needs and reducing it to the seemingly simple is a common thread of our work.
You should love the intricacies of user testing and research. It's not enough for you to just apply what you know or what has been done before. You always want to push to make even the seemingly small things better. You question everything, but do it in a way that champions positive change. You want to get your hands on and figure out how to evaluate and improve Any Experience that we may encounter.
* Approximately 3+ years of hands-on, professional, applied usability testing and/or user experience research (outside of any school program coursework) is required for this position.
* Knowledge, skills, and ability to conduct and lead studies with people. You will be independently involved with and leading usability testing, interviews, contextual inquiries, persona development, etc.
* Technically adept and conversant. While we test most anything, software is our bread and butter. And sometimes it gets quite technical.
* Solid understanding of measurement and common statistics. We deliver advanced experience evaluation, not just qualitative feedback. But you can tell a story with your data in a way that anyone can understand.
* Some experience leading and mentoring others. We are inherently collaborative, and growing. There are many aspects of the role that inherently are mentor-related activities.
* Your written communication is concise, grammatically correct, and has the appropriate tone and level of detail for the medium and audience. Your verbal communication is
* You have a professional, authoritative, engaging presence.
* Some more technical skills. What exactly? Who knows; you tell us. There's something you do, can build, or know about that is interesting to you and that we'd like to hear about.
* A graduate degree in Human Factors, Experimental Psychology, Usability, Design or similar specialization is preferred. Other technical degrees with emphasis or specific experience in these areas are also welcome.
Along with your resume (LinkedIn preferred), please send a brief description of yourself and why you'd like to work with us at EchoUser. A personal website or portfolio is welcome, but not required.
We look forward to hearing from you.
How To Apply