Junior to Mid Level Industrial Designer
Planterworx is currently looking for junior to mid level industrial designers with 2-3 years of industrial design work experience to join our growing design and manufacturing company in Brooklyn, New York. Planterworx is unique in that we have both our design, and manufacturing facilities in the same building, that means that prototypes, and projects that we design in the morning can be manufactured in the afternoon.
The industrial design position at Planterworx involves a broad range of responsibility which include, but are not exclusive to ideation sketching, 3D modeling (Solidworks), rendering, product research, and generating shop drawings. We require the design staff to have some fabrication experience, and an understanding of manufacturing products from metal, as the position also involves making prototypes of new products, and advising the fabrication team. Experience with CNC programming, and Laser Cutter programming a plus, but will train the right people. Additionally the designer will be responsible for much of the day to day operations, ordering materials, customer service, establishing/maintaining vendor relations, scheduling jobs, quality control of all production that leaves the shop...etc.
Candidates must be located in the NYC area.
- A good sense of humor
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Bachelor's in Industrial design required, MFA or MID preferred
- At least 2-3 years experience in the field of Industrial Design
- Ability to solve complex problems with elegant solutions
- Ability to work alone, as well as part of a team.
- Proficiency using Solidworks
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite
- Professional fabrication experience a huge plus
Please send your resume along with work samples or a link to a portfolio website.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.