Junior Industrial Designer
The Jr. Industrial Designer will be part of an in-house industrial design team with specific tasks including: product research, ideation/sketching, brainstorming, 3D rendering, presentation preparation, U.I. design, product graphics support As part of the Design team, the Junior Industrial Designer will work closely with Marketing, R & D and Engineering to create innovative new ideas in all aspects of design including new product development from concept to product release.
• Creating sketches, renderings and models of new concepts both on software and by hand
• Communicating with vendors and internal staff on designs through to production.
• Presentation of concepts to Design, Engineering and Marketing groups
• Researching new materials, products and innovations in other industries
• Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team under tight time-lines on multiple projects in a dynamic, fast paced and entrepreneurial environment
• Additional duties as assigned
Skills we are looking for:
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Analytical / problem solver
• Strong concept /sketching /design skills is very important
• Strong materials and process background
• Strong rendering ability and form development
• Good understanding of trends and market
• Skills in design, color, finish and material trending
• Follow brand language and graphical user interfaces
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Comfortable and quick to learn new software programs and procedures
• General understanding of functional mechanisms and manufacturing processes
• Passionate about design, creative problem solving and communicating concepts/solutions
• Bachelor Degree in Industrial Design or related field.
• 1-2 years of experience in Product Design or related field.
Proficiency in software programs:
• Competent with Microsoft Office (Power Point, Excel, Word, etc.)
• CAD software (Rhino, Solidworks, Alias)
• Adobe CS (Photoshop/ Illustrator)
Fostering Innovation- Continuously researching design ideas that could be applies to Spas and accessories. Is up-to-date on new design ideas in appliances, consumer electronics, kitchen and bath, automotive, etc. Brings new concepts to the organization and leads discussions on how to apply innovation to Jacuzzi products. Generates creative thinking sessions. Encourages others to develop new ideas.
Forward Thinking- Capable of driving new ideas, components and products years out while assisting in making immediate, short-term improvements in design or cost management of products. Assisting Engineering and Operations in building products that can by updated.
Analytical Thinking –Able to bridge insight to action. Adaptable, identifies and responds quickly to changing business needs. Strong understanding of how product cost affects Revenue and Profit. Capable of analyzing financial and market data to determine success of products. Evaluates information to make the best decisions. Provides data to entice others to take action.
Collaborative Relationships – Utilizes good listening skills, strong written and verbal communication, quick follow-up and responsiveness to develop strong working relationships. Is recognized by customers and cross-functional peers as responsive. Meets deadlines. Gathers feedback to improve programs and develop new ideas. Works effective in a team. Is trustworthy and demonstrated integrity.
Technical Expertise - 1-2 years of experience in industrial design, reflecting a history of success and advancement. Demonstrated innovation.
Work place conditions
The employee frequently is required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently use a computer keyboard, mouse, telephone. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and viewing a computer screen.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position works in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The statements in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
How To Apply