The Apparel Designer will work cross-functionally within the apparel team, creating apparel designs and technical packages under the design direction of the Lead Designer. Participation in fit sessions and assisting product managers with development efforts are also key duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create original designs exclusive to our company that achieve sales, performance, brand and quality goals, under the design direction of the Lead Designer
• Assist in management of product development processes as needed, including product line initiation, organization and follow up, sample reviews and approvals, sales and customer communication, direction and communication with China team, and any other duties as needed.
• Create technical specifications as needed. Participate in fit sessions to collaborate with the team and troubleshoot fit and construction issues that arise.
• Work to understand markets and trends to identify new products while maintaining brand identity and business strategy.
• Understand material and supply trends, sales performance, and global manufacturing environments. Use this knowledge to advance the performance of our product lines in the marketplace.
• Present graphic concepts, sketches and designs to internal product teams and management as required.
• Participate in Customer line review meetings as requested by Account Managers.
• Collaborate within Product Development and with Sourcing teams to ensure designs will achieve pricing and manufacturing goals.
• Research and identify seasonal color palettes, prints, patterns, fabrics, styles and details.
• Attend trade shows to remain current in the market.
The duties listed above are the key duties of the Apparel Designer but are not limited to these duties. The company may expand them as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the company and its sales efforts.
• Four year degree in apparel design; OR comparable work experience.
• Minimum 2 years experience in apparel design.
• Preference given to candidates with experience creating technical specifications and managing garment fit.
• Must possess a strong sense of the marketplace.
• Must have fashion and color sensibility.
• Technical skills: Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite. Optitex experience preferred but not required.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
• Must be detail-oriented and accurate; no exceptions.
• Demonstrate strategic thinking and problem solving ability.
• Ideal candidates show a high level of performance. In addition, business experience in purchasing, sales, merchandising, supervision and/or business is desirable but not required.
• Experience in product development, including knowledge of fabric, materials and construction, as well as related costs of product components.
• Exposure to Asian sourcing.
• Team player.
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines and calendars.
• International and domestic travel is required.
• Health, Dental, Vision insurance
• Retirement fund opportunities
• Personal Leave
• Vacation Leave
• Paid Birthday Off
• Supplemental Insurance
How To Apply