Senior Industrial Designer
As a Senior Industrial Designer you will work with Product Management, Design Leadership, Engineering and with our suppliers to develop new consumer products across a variety of categories. You are responsible for bringing your creative best to products that help others live creative lives. You will join a small but agile Design team at a pivotal stage in the company’s growth. With your help, we will build a design-led organization with a reputation for thoughtful, innovative and delightful solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide vision, creative solutions, and beautiful aesthetics for Industrial Design across various categories: soft-goods, handheld tools, desktop machines, packaging and everything in between.
• Understand and track design trends, and identify areas of opportunity to expand and stretch our current design solutions.
• Relentlessly pursue strategic solutions to company goals.
• Demonstrate detailed craftsmanship in sketching, understanding of form, production processes and CMF.
• Able to absorb user needs, technical limitations, mechanical engineering, and business objectives into design considerations.
• Possess an understanding and appreciation for the product development process.
• Demonstrate a deep empathy with end users, and a history of designing for people unlike yourself.
• Help facilitate creative collaboration across the company and with our suppliers beyond.
• Have strong visual presentation skills with ability to verbally pitch, ideate, review and handle constructive critique.
• Develop and maintain a consistent visual design language across a family of products.
• International travel to China required at least once each year.
• Based in Bay Area, CA or SLC, UT with domestic travel to Utah required on a bi-monthly basis if based outside of the Salt Lake City area.
• 7+ years of relevant Industrial Design experience including experience in a Design Consultancy/Agency capacity.
• Mastery of industry standard design software, including 3D CAD (Solidworks and/or Rhino), Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Keyshot/Bunkspeed.
• Hands-on prototyping and model making experience.
• An excellent portfolio demonstrating thoughtful design, an understanding of end-users and strong sketching, research, color and form skills
• Award-winning design and internationally recognized for ID contributions
What to Do Next:
Please send us a resume and a portfolio telling us why no one is more right for the position than you. You can be sure that Cricut is a workplace that values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Facebook, Fan pages made because of you), and if you are a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!
How To Apply