The Mechanical Designer works closely with TEAGUE's mechanical and industrial designers, interaction designers, researchers, and strategists to create unique mechanical systems solutions for our clients in the transportation and technology industries. This role demands a passion for collaborative problem solving, as well as a strong foundation in mechanical design, along with expertise in product development.
Why We Need This Position
Innovation is one of the founding principles of TEAGUE. Without dedicated, imaginative and technically savvy creators, we're simply not able to do what we do best. Our Seattle-based multidisciplinary team is growing; we need engineering horsepower to keep up. Which is why we need people like you - people who spent their childhoods dismantling R/C cars to see how they worked; people with the vision to imagine the products and experiences that will shape the future of how we connect to each other, and the ability to make them real.
Who We're Looking For
You love combining analytical approaches with creative solutions. You are excited to apply the breadth of your mechanical expertise - from stress analysis to thermal management - on new product development. Unsatisfied with just delivering the next iteration of a product you are ready to throw away the drawing board and create something entirely new. You excel in a dynamic work environment and are ready to tackle a wide range of engineering challenges through the life of a project. You know your way around a machine shop and have experience printing, machining, molding, or forming parts.
Too easy, you say? As a highly desirable candidate you have a deep understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals, but you also have an understanding of computer programming and digital systems. You've written an app for your phone to control the robot you designed on the weekends - or at least you've thought about it. Highly self-motivated and laser-focused, you're prepared to work hard, play hard, and laugh hard while making things happen. If you think you have the skills, energy, attitude (and sense of humor) to run with our pack, we'd love to hear from you.
What We Just Said, Now in 5 Bullet Points (a.k.a. Essential Qualifications):
* Experience: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical engineering required; 5-7 years related work experience; 2 years working with electrical or computer systems highly desired.
* Special skills: Fluent in using SolidWorks for daily design activities; familiar with machine shop tools, practices, and processes; experience in new product development; proficient with MS Office Suite; valid work authorization required. Understanding of systems design including controls and single board computers
* Passion: Using technology to find creative solutions
* Role: Highly motivated problem-solver extraordinaire; the bigger the challenge, the more fun you're having
* Personality: Collaborative, detail-oriented, smart, creative, self-motivated
DOE - Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package offered
At TEAGUE, we value diversity. We search the globe, literally, to find and attract top talent from diverse backgrounds.
TEAGUE is an EEO/AAP employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/cf3n6km3qcf7k3tr
How To Apply