Industrial Designer - The First Years
The First Years, a division of TOMY International, is one of the world’s leading juvenile products companies. Children don’t come with an instruction manual; so for more than 65 years we have been helping new parents by creating valued products that enhance and support their perfectly imperfect journey.
We are seeking a talented and seasoned Industrial Designer with brand experience to support The First Years Design Team. This individual will play a key role on a team that thrives on innovation, design thinking and strategy.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to facilitate category initiatives while working closely with mechanical engineers, brand leaders, packaging and other talented Industrial Designers. You will be influencing design on a cross-functional team where communication and collaboration is paramount. You will contribute directly to product categories such as Bath & Potty, Nursery, Toddler Feeding, Infant Care and Play. You will also contribute to the development of our licensed products lines.
This role operates out of the Canton, MA office and reports to the Director of Design.
• Participate in immersion programs including store visits, design research and focus groups
• Creative based activities – brainstorming, prototyping, etc.
• Frequent collaboration and communication with internal partners
• Application of insight into innovative design solutions and product concepts
• Regularly present design work to category leaders
• Basic knowledge of competitive landscape, market segments
• Ongoing analysis of market trends and category influencers
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years of experience in product design
• Experience using industry tools – Adobe Suite, Sketchbook, Keyshot, etc.
• Experience with SolidWorks a plus
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Strong fundamentals – sketching, concept creation, form development and visual communicator
• Understanding of manufacturing materials and processes
• Excellent communication skills – English speaking
• Creative thinker + problem solver
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
• Ability to identify trends and opportunities in the marketplace
• Proactive worker with a positive attitude
• Experience bringing products to market a plus
• Organized and consistently delivers project work on time
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If interested, please shoot over your resume, with salary requirement, and portfolio to email@example.com.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this classification.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.