Mid-Level Industrial Designer
DesignThink is a rapidly growing, full service product development group looking for a super creative Industrial designer with an entrepreneurial spirit who is looking to be a part of a fun team of talented individuals. We are located just outside of Philadelphia PA and are currently seeking a highly motivated, mid-level Industrial Designer to join our team. If design runs deep in your veins and you can keep up with the dynamic pace of a growing consultancy, send us your resume… like now!
What you need to join our club: Applicants should have a passion for creating new ideas and trying to figure out “what’s next?” Must be super creative and comfortable working in the early phases of a project where you will translate user insights into clever solutions through compelling/clear visuals. Your creativity, drive and passion for bringing products and experiences to life will be essential to your position. Within your role you will be expected to collaborate with engineers, researchers, other designers, management, outside resources and clients. If you are self-motivated, creative and looking to work with a fun, but focused group in a strong team environment, we’d like to hear from you.
[Sense of humor and willingness to step up your foosball game are pluses].
• Clearly and effectively articulate and communicate ideas, professional opinions, and recommendations to clients and internal multi-disciplinary teams.
• Contribute a creative outlook to bring exciting innovative solutions into each project.
• Excellent sketching and form development skills, comfortable sketching on digital devices as well as traditional hand sketching.
• Deliver a sophisticated aesthetic sensibility while maintaining a working knowledge of emerging aesthetic and design trends.
• Simultaneously work on multiple projects within a variety of industries.
• Create form studies and prototypes when 2D simply won’t cut it.
• Build 3D CAD models to support form development and prototyping.
• Understanding and empathy for the final user experience.
• At times, lead and manage others to complete a project, we are looking for leaders.
• Self-motivated commitment to hard work and effective time management.
Position Details and Requirements:
• You will report to the VP of Industrial Design and will interact with DesignThink team members from Industrial Design, Engineering and Usability as well as directly with clients to advocate passionately for the end user.
• Competency in relevant digital tools – Adobe Creative Suite, 3D CAD, rendering software.
• Must have portfolio that showcases a thoughtful creative process.
• Ideal applicants will have a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
• The position is full-time and salary will align with your experience and skill.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.