Senior Industrial or Product Designer
Senior Designers are responsible for developing solutions for our clients, from concept through implementation, that meet both Catapult’s required level of quality deliverables and our client’s expectations. They contribute to project scheduling, task tracking, resource needs, product research, engineering development, and hands-on prototyping. Additionally, Senior Designers are expected to contribute substantially to in-the-field work associated with their projects from needs assessment to product roll-out and evaluation. Our Designers should be able to work within multi-stakeholder environment, cross-disciplinary teams and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. In addition to design work, Designers contribute to in-house development. All Catapult Designers must be transparent and communicative in their activity.
The ideal candidate has BS or MS/MFA in Product Design, ME, or Industrial Design and possesses:
- 4+ years experience in product development, preferably in a consulting environment
- Experience taking products and services from concept through implementation
- Diverse international travel experience
- A creative & flexible approach to the development process
- Confident communication & presentation skills; strong organizational skills
- An interest in taking things apart, a self-motivated and inquisitive nature, and a contained ego
- Experience interacting with both engineering & design teams
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes & materials, including injection molding, sheet metal design etc. and experience working with contract manufacturers
- Strong hands on design, prototyping, and machining experience. Comfortable building multiple iterations.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks and/or Inventor, part build, assembly management and documentation
- Human factors, storyboarding, and ethnographic research project experience
- Strong sketching, rendering, & visual communication skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite tools
Position timeline and travel:
- This is a multi-month contract position with potential for full-time hire
- Catapult Design is based in Denver, Colorado however we will consider all applicants. We will not cover re-location fees and expenses for contractors and do not expect contractors to move to Colorado. Contractors are expected to have their own tools and space to execute the work.
- The position may require global travel. Catapult covers all travel expenses with the exception of any immunization fees.
- This position requires a minimum of 25% travel time.
Send your resume, portfolio (PDF or weblink), and hourly or day rate to info[at]catapultdesign.org with “Senior Designer – [your name]” in the subject line by October 15, 2017. We will reply only if you are selected for an interview.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.