Intern, Structural Packaging
Ammunition is an international design group providing services in product design, brand strategy and identity, UX design, graphic design, and packaging. While Ammunition’s strengths are diverse across design disciplines, our real expertise is to redefine markets by using design to create new business territory, and to communicate and connect with customers. Whether it is a product, an interface, a package or an identity, our approach is to create new, exciting experiences for customers that communicate the unique proposition and the brand of our clients, and to differentiate in meaningful ways.
Currently, the New York based packaging team is seeking talented candidates for paid internships. Creating packaging solutions that complement and enhance our award-winning product designs is important to Ammunition. The ideal candidates have a passion for details but understands the whole picture and the affect packaging has on the eco-system developed around a product at Ammunition. A solid ID background is necessary, a strong graphic aesthetic will be well received and practical experience with packaging comp making is preferable.
• Maintain design intention from ID to packaging designs
• A thorough understanding of design principles
• Personal commitment to quality, attention to detail
• Interface with UX, graphic and industrial designers to create ‘seamless’ product packaging
• Ensure innovation by actively researching, sharing and implementing new trends and materials
• Excellent time management, organization & prioritization skills required to handle multiple projects simultaneously within tight timelines and meet deadlines
• Effective, articulate design communication and decision-making skills
• Coordinate with vendors to help define and spec materials and processes used in fabrication and assembly
• Report to the VP, Packaging
• Industrial design experience, preferably packaging related
• BS/BA/BFA degree (or equivalent) in industrial design (or equivalent)
• 3D modeling skills – preferably Rhino, Pro/E or Solidworks
• Confidence with 2D and 3D design visualization tools
• Evidence of prototyping abilities
• Great communication skills (visual, verbal, and written)
• The ability to think quickly and problem-solve on the spot with a maturity that maintains a positive team environment
• A portfolio that demonstrates wide-ranging concept exploration, innovative solutions, a clear process and is visually appealing
Please send your résumé and portfolio in an email entitled “Intern, Structural Packaging” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those applicants who meet our stated requirements will be considered for this job. If you are a possible match for the position, we will contact you to learn more about your background and answer questions about our hiring process. No phone calls, please.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.