ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Petmate, (aka Doskocil Manufacturing, Inc.) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of a wide range of popular pet products sold under the Petmate, Doskocil, Aspen Pet, Fat Cat, JW Pet, Dogzilla, Chuckit!, Mutt Nation and Jackson Galaxy brands, as well as on a Private Label basis.
Major product categories include:
Kennels & Carriers Shelters Feeding & Watering Items
Toys & Accessories Collars & Leashes Bedding
Treats & Chews Litter Maintenance Wild Bird Products
Currently, the Company is executing an aggressive growth strategy, domestically and internationally. In addition to developing new products and expanding existing offerings, the Company continues to pursue industry-related acquisitions. The Company is conveniently located in Arlington, TX (near I-30 and SH 360) in the heart of the Dallas/Ft. Worth “Metroplex.” Its Corporate Office is within walking distance to the iconic AT&T Stadium, home of the 5-time Super Bowl Champion Dallas Cowboys, and The Ballpark in Arlington, home of the Texas Rangers baseball club. For additional information, visit the Petmate website at www.petmate.com.
We are looking for a strong Industrial Designer to join our team. As part of the design team you will turn rough ideas into solid concepts that engage and delight the consumer with meaningful products and experiences that deepen their connection and interactions with their pets. You will deliver the complete experience, ensuring that the needs of both the development team and the marketing team are met, and the brand is accurately represented.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or related design degree.
• Recent grad to 3 years of product design experience in consumer products.
• Strong written, visual and oral communication skills.
• Basic working knowledge of the Adobe creative suite and CAD.
• Understanding of basic design principles and a keen eye for “good design”.
• Demonstrate a strong, developed sense of creativity and foresight along with sound judgment in anticipating and solving problems.
• Strong sketching skills and ability to communicate ideas visually to others.
• Convert high-level concepts into fully fleshed out product offerings with thought-through functions and features, via renderings, models, CAD, etc.
• Plan effectively and work in an interdisciplinary and collaborative environment.
• Flexibility to be able to shift course and iterate within tight time frames.
• High attention to detail, style and a focus on delivering a quality consumer experience.
• Creative thinker and problem solver, experienced at working in a broad range of creative projects/assignments and is results oriented.
• Own design details of given projects, including schedule, reviews and approvals.
• Solicit cross-functional input and team collaboration on projects.
• Ideate and brainstorm to create and improve concepts and solve problems.
• Integrate consumer insights and marketing needs into final design solutions.
• Be inquisitive and keep informed with competitive trends and the marketplace.
• Leverage internal and external resources and demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects and assignments.
• Ensures feasibility of design executions and that project work meets cost, reliability, schedule, and specification.
• Manages the creation, schedule, and refinement of products that are either internally or externally generated.
• Display passion & enthusiasm for making compelling experiences for consumers and their pets.
Join a company committed to success that offers excellent compensation and benefits. Salary is competitive and dependent on qualifications. Forward your resume to email@example.com Drug Free Workplace. EEOC M/F/D/V
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.