Visual Designer (UX/Graphics)
WHO ARE WE?
Herbst Produkt is an award winning design consultancy with design roots that have helped shape the product design landscape since the ‘60s!
With offices in Santa Cruz CA and Chicago we are looking for a talented, motivated visual graphics and UX thinker to join our Bay Area based team in Santa Cruz and help us on a broad variety of projects from consumer technology to medical and life-science, housewares, and lifestyle brands.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
As a UX + Graphic designer you will be helping shape the visual design component of multi-disciplinary product development projects. This role involves lots of strategic thinking and human-centered workflow logic (across print, packaging and onscreen) blended with crafted and highly refined visual design. The project spectrum is diverse and exciting and ranges from large global consumer electronics projects to medical and life-science startups, and beyond.
As a member of our team you will have an opportunity to explore your creative potential, participate in collaborative client workshops and challenge and contribute to the conversation at every step in the process.
WHAT DO WE EXPECT OF YOU?
• Bachelor’s degree in Design (Graphic Design/ UX or equivalent experience)
• 2+ years of professional UX and/or graphic design experience
• Strong visual design skills
• Wireframe and user workflow logic understanding/ interest
• Strong layout, typography, and iconography development.
• Current on trends and an interest in helping identify and shape them.
• Mastery of Adobe CS.
• Team collaborator, but also excels independently
pdf or URL
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.