The Design Assistant supports the marketing team by assisting with graphic design as well as administrative tasks.
• Work closely with the Senior Design Director and other marketing staff in production of print
and digital collateral consistent with program objectives, brand guidelines and budgetary
• Obtain photography for publications
• Assist with photo and illustration research
• Maintain and organize photo collections
• Scan appropriate photos for publication use
• Work closely with other staff to maintain organizational photo and graphic database
• Assist with administrative functions such as managing invoices and mailing items
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree in graphic design preferred.
• One to three years of experience in design and production is required.
• Creativity and attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, ability to handle multiple projects
simultaneously and commitment to providing high quality work with a service-oriented
• Strong skills with social media, Microsoft Office applications, and Google Apps (Gmail, Google
Docs and Drive).
• Proven proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Photography experience preferred.
• Exceptional verbal and customer service skills.
• Flexibility with work schedule; this position requires “on call” evening and weekend work
• Personal interest and commitment to LGBTQ equality.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
How To Apply