Are you bursting from creativity, not easily scared of a pile of work, always doodling, then this is your lucky day!
Kikkerland is seeking a full time Graphic Designer who can think outside the box (pun intended). This individual will be responsible for creating compelling graphics, packaging design and production for our main Kikkerland brand, museum stores and mass market. You will assist in the design and production of all of the graphic needs for the company.
Firstly, the Designer preferably should be: someone very talented with some experience in packaging design, illustration and production who is able to come up with creative concepts in a short amount of time. Experience in the gift or design industry is a plus. You must have strong communicative skills and be able to translate key commercial aspects into fun and attractive packaging with your strong illustration, photography and design skills.
Secondly, we appreciate a strong knowledge of materials used in packaging and printing; experience creating die lines for packaging, technical drawings for instructions and specification packs; affinity with model/mock-up making; comfortable with studio photography and editing; familiarity with implementing brand standards, and the drive to create new, innovative packaging concepts for home décor and giftware products.
This position reports to the Art Director, is based in New York City and will be part of a collaborative team of talented designers. The Designer partners with the Art Director and Sales team to design packaging for new and existing products, POP displays and all other visual needs.
– Design and develop all aspects of product packaging and POP displays for mass production
– Interpret and implement clients brand guidelines throughout all packaging material
– Elevate the brand image through our packaging, while staying as cost neutral as possible
– Work closely with the Art Director and client to continue to develop brand design guidelines, including packaging standards
– Review and implement packaging feedback from Clients Sales and Marketing departments
– Coordinate production of packaging with overseas factories while adhering to deadlines
– Create artwork using key software including Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
– Review and approve digital proofs, preproduction and packaging samples
– Produce physical mock-ups and renderings as needed
– Design, update, and assist on printed matter and digital assets including catalogs, Lookbooks, sales and marketing materials, presentations and tradeshow graphics
– Collaborate with Art Director and design team to ensure designs are consistent with the Kikkerland brand
– Liaise with sales, marketing, purchasing and production staff
– Build and maintain packaging/graphics materials, image database and sample library
– Preparation for Sales meetings with mass merchants
– At least 1-3 years of relevant experience in packaging design
– Bachelor’s in Graphic Design, Packaging Design, Illustration or related field
– Expertise in creating packaging designs from concept to completion (materials, tolerances, dielines, 3D form building)
– Strong grasp of graphic design concepts and core design principles including typography, color, visual flow, layout, legibility
– Strong understanding of product photography
– Experience managing print production (pre-flight, press checks, color proofs)
– Experience in creating technical drawings, instructions and specification packs
– Skilled in digital and physical mock-up making
– Strong file management and organizational skills
– Detail oriented, excellent multi-tasker and team player
– Excellent communication and problem solving skills
– Highly Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
– Affinity with 3D design is a plus
– Passion for design, ingenuity, discovery, and learning
– No 9 to 6 mentality
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.