Freelance Industrial Designer
Founded in 2000, nLIGHT is a premier global manufacturer of high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers for industrial, microelectronics processing as well as aerospace and defense applications. nLIGHT is a pre-IPO company headquartered in Vancouver, Wash., USA with offices in China, Korea and Finland and more than 900 employees worldwide.
nLIGHT is seeking a freelance industrial designer to help us develop product design concepts and refine our strategy for new industrial fiber lasers. Work will include:
• Competitive product design review.
• External customer and end user research.
• Initial concept design and rendering.
Designs must factor into consideration product functionality for end user ergonomics and durability, volume manufacturing workstreams and cost targets, field serviceability and corporate branding opportunities and consistency. This person must work collaboratively with engineering, production and marketing teams as well as strategic customers and end users.
Candidates must possess the following:
• Minimum 5 years of industrial design experience with at least 4 years working with industrial equipment, machinery or other durable, rugged products used in challenging environments.
• Ability to understand technical specifications involving mechanical, electronic and optical interfaces.
• Expertise with SolidWorks CAD and Adobe Creative Cloud software.
• Strong communication and client skills including attention to schedules and response times.
• Ability to work and deliver results within strict deadlines.
• Ability to effectively manage expenses to an operating budget.
Only responses with the following will be considered:
• Resume and LinkedIn profile.
• PDF or link to portfolio of relevant work with descriptions of your role and contributions.
• Hourly, weekly or monthly billing rate or project-based billing policy.
How To Apply