Contract Industrial Designer
Faraday is looking for a contract industrial designer to work with our Engineering and Product team to help shape the visual identity of future Faraday bike models and accessories. We've built our brand on the quality and originality of our design, and this is your opportunity to help carry that tradition forward.
This is a contract role. The ideal candidate is a talented designer looking for or open to project-based work (could be 5-30 hrs/wk) on an ongoing basis. We strongly prefer a candidate based in the San Francisco bay area who is able to, at least periodically, work on-site with our Product team. We are open to exceptional remote candidates.
- Background (degree preferred) in fine art or industrial design
- Minimum 2-3 years experience working in industrial design in a consumer product capacity
- Demonstrated proficiency in a wide variety of design tools and mediums including sketching and digital illustration.
- Proficiency in 3D modeling and rendering strongly preferred
- Highly experienced in digital design tools (Creative Suite, etc.)
- Strong hand-drawing abilities strongly preferred
- Baseline understanding of engineering and manufacturing processes, materials, and methods, and ability to collaborate productively with and engineering design team
- Outstanding portfolio of industrial design work
We work on an aggressive design and development schedule which means that what you help us sketch, render, and prototype today will be on the market and on the road in the very near future. Be a part of a team that is building beautiful and high-profile, yet meaningful, exciting, and environmentally and socially beneficial products.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.