Associate Designer, Apparel Women’s Activewear and Swimwear
Swimwear Anywhere has an opportunity for a full-time Associate Designer of Women’s Active Swimwear and Activewear. The Associate Designer is responsible for managing projects independently as well as collaboratively with the Design Director, Merchandiser, and the Company Principal.
We are looking for an experienced designer who has a clear understanding of the swim and active markets, along with knowledge of functional construction and technologies. Our designers are open-minded, flexible, organized, and team oriented with the experience to handle direction and feedback.
Please note that this is a Long Island based position, and you should apply if you can work at our Farmingdale, LI location.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
● CAD concepts for initial board presentations
● Involved in the entire product design process to include market research, inspiration board development and presentation, design, flat sketching, creating mock ups, specing, sourcing and fitting.
● Work collaboratively with product coordinators, sourcing, tech department and merchandising to bring vision to commercially viable product decisions.
● Digital print tests: transfer designs to garments, organize cutwork, attach specs and be responsible for having the garment made and approved, or corrected, on the model, in a timely manner.
● Set up body, fabric and trim boards to help Merchandisers edit and Product Managers keep track of fabrics, colors, prints and trims.
● Style first protos and have new styles approved before proceeding to final fit.
● Make fit comments on all corrections with in-house patternmakers or overseas contractors through product managers.
● Work with the Art Department to initiate all print components including the correct scale of prints and provide established nests on acetate.
● Work with the Grading and Marking departments to develop markers for engineered designs.
● Create production tracking sheet for every garment and administer during hand off, keep team apprised of all changes made to each style.
● 2-3 years design experience in swimwear or activewear.
● Bachelor Degree, Fashion Design Major.
● Ability to follow and understand the merch plan, and collect trend information, fabric, print, color, and trims to put initial concept boards together.
● Strong sense of style with the ability to transform abstract ideas into commercially viable garments and meaningful collections following timeline calendars.
● Must exhibit a strong work ethic with a sense of urgency and intuitive sense of priorities, with the ability to easily switch gears and take direction.
● Must have garment construction knowledge and be able to cad, illustrate fashion figures and flat sketch.
● Strong organizational and follow up skills; attention to detail.
● Computer literate in Word and Excel, Photoshop and Illustrator.
● Strong sewing and pattern making background a plus.
We offer our employees medical, dental, vision, 401k, and paid vacation, personal and sick time.
Swimwear Anywhere, Inc. is the premier designer and manufacturer of swimwear in North America. Through our extensive portfolio of brands and licenses, our privately owned company has led the swimwear industry in quality and innovation since 1933.
The originators behind bra sized swimwear, the company is known for its exceptional fit, quality, and fashion forward designs. Our expertise in textiles, blended with a rare ability for forecasting trending technologies, is evident in Swimwear Anywhere Inc.’s vast collections of labels.
Swimwear Anywhere owns the Coco Reef, Coco Rave, Beach House, Roxanne, and Gabar brands and holds the swimwear licenses for designer labels such as Michael Kors, Carmen Marc Valvo, Vince Camuto, Tommy Hilfiger, Proenza Schouler and Kate Spade.
You can apply here, or via email to email@example.com.
Please include your resume, cover letter with salary requirements and portfolio or samples as attachments. Reference Job ID ADcoro.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.