Sr. Web Designer
Under limited supervision and the web design guidelines and technology standards defined by University of Phoenix, the Sr. Web Designer provides a high level of technical expertise with the design and construction of web pages and/or sites using and incorporating graphic user interface (GUI) features and other techniques and tools.
Designs and develops complex user interface features, site animation, and special-effects elements to enhance the look and feel of a web site and increase the target audience's ability to locate pertinent information.
Determines size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, selects styles and size of type, and arranges layouts based upon available space, knowledge of layout principles, and aesthetic design concepts.
Works closely with other central administration departments in the development of the organization’s strategies and goals relative to external and/or internal communications. Ensures the strategies and goals are incorporated through all phases of website design and construction.
Contributes to the web content and design to ensure acceptable organizational standards are met.
Contributes to the ongoing design of website, promos and ad banners, seasonal content specials and design for internal or external customers.
Helps to provide direction and support and assists in the training of less experienced web design staff to orient them and increase their understanding of more complex web design issues.
Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of web design as typically obtained through the completion of a Bachelor's degree in graphic design or a related field
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in the field of web design or in a related field. Must have sufficient educational background and/or experience to qualify incumbent to work at the highest technical level on all phases of web design
• A thorough understanding of web-based technologies and an advanced knowledge of HTML, Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or other design-related applications is required. A significant understanding and knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the web design field is required
• Ability to use creativity to present complex information in a logical format to ease the user’s ability to access and understand information
• Experience with the supervision or direction of other web design staff
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external customers and department staff, as described above
How To Apply