Freelance Designer/Animator Nickelodeon
The NICK+ Designer/Animator is responsible for execution of comprehensive brand design and animation within the Nickelodeon Brand Group. NICK+ consists of five sub brands of Nickelodeon. NickToons, NickSplat, NickSports, NickMusic and TeenNick. Successful candidates will demonstrate ability to create graphics & animation from ideation thru concept development, refinement, and execution across all media platforms.
The position is Freelance and the ability to work in-house at our New York City office is preferred.
• Developing and/or revising design and animation projects, from concept to production, on-air and digital needs in consultation with the Nick+ Design leads and team
• Iterate on designs based on direction and feedback from Design team leads
• Design in alignment to evolving brand standards with emphasis on brand consistency
• Accurately produce brand assets/imagery
• Present design concepts in a clear and concise manner
• Quickly sketch ideas to create and communicate concepts
• Ideate and construct ideas within a team based design environment
• Consistently meet project deadlines and maintain a high level of work while managing multiple projects
• Participate and contribute in brainstorm sessions and consistently use sense of creativity, foresight and good design judgment in developing and applying marketplace trends
• Design & animation background
• Strong understanding of motion graphics for television and branding
• Experience across all phases of design from concept development, design and production
• Master eye for color theory, logo design and a style that fits with the youthful exuberance of Nickelodeon
• Strong portfolio of design work showcasing both print and digital projects
• Great sketching (digital and/or hand sketching) skills and idea development techniques to create and communicate concepts
• Awareness of trends and usage in the social/digital space
• Flexibility to shift priorities in a fast paced and highly demanding environment
• Technically solid, able to illuminate ideas and visualize design stories across a variety of media
• Bachelor's degree
• Strong Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator Skills are a must. Cinema 4D and Premiere knowledge is a plus.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.