UX Designer Technologist - WD037818
Flex is a leading sketch-to-scale™ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. With more than 200,000 professionals across 30 countries and a promise to help make the world Live Smarter™, the company provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets. For more information please visit our careers page at www.flex.com.
* Industry: Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing
* Type: Public Company
* NASDAQ: FLEX
* Headquarters: 2 Changi South Lane, Singapore, 486123
* Company Size: 10,001+ employees
* Website: www.flex.com
In this interdisciplinary position in our development department, you will lead UX/UI activities in our Milan Design Center by bringing your deep understanding of user centric interaction development processes, the latest in hardware and software technologies. Your work will be a key part of the product creation process and thus make a significant contribution to the development of medical devices.
As part of our Industrial Design team, UI/UX senior designer responsibility is to create a compelling, safe and efficient user experience in medical products developed by Flex.
Your will implement your ideas on different medical devices: from simple drug injectors with connectivity, wearable devices or professional equipment for surgeons. Thanks to your creativity and technical know-how, you should feel at home both in UX and visual design and as well as hands on HW prototyping and connecting with engineering.
Important note: Our activity focuses on UX/UI embedded into physical medical devices, therefore experience in the areas of mixed physical/digital product interface is a plus (for example, interfaces for: white goods, domotics, car environment, machines control). Lower priority will be given to candidates with only web or app experience.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
* Intense collaboration
* Passionate customer focus
* Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
* Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
* Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
* Development of embedded UX/UI for physical consumer medical products.
* Creative direction for all aspects of interfaces in collaboration with our Industrial Design team
* Assess and continuously improve the usability of our products during development and overall product life cycle
* Conception and realization of workshops in the fields of design exploration and ideation, user studies, etc.
* Development and construction of physical/digital prototypes (using Arduino boards, sensors, displays, etc.) in cooperation with our workshop. Starting from basic paper models, interactive boards through touch-screen demos to fully functional advanced prototypes.
* Scouting and implementing the latest user interface technologies, e.g. Mechanical controls, Sensors, feedback components (e.g., LEDs, device displays, haptic feedback) in close coordination with the engineering-team
* Preparation of detailed technical and functional specifications as well as subsequent evaluation of the development patterns
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
* An Education degree in a creative discipline: ID, Graphics, UX, UI, is mandatory.
* Track record as an UX/UI Creative on mixed physical/digital products.
* Demonstrate through examples a user centric approach in Interface Design, User Experience, visual language creation, technology, HW prototyping and User Research activities.
* 3-5 years of constant exposure to complex projects in a design agency or product company.
* Comprehensive set of skills that allow you to develop an idea: hand sketching and rendering, concept sketching, story boarding, physical interactive prototyping and SW implementation.
* Knowledge of Mobile platform (IOS, Android, Windows)
* Ability to develop code for quick mock up prototypes or simulators
* Object Oriented Programming (OOP) skills (e.g. JAVA, SWIFT, C#, Obj-C). Knowledge of SW embedded architecture in particular about HW resources (display technology, MCU, processing constraint) and SW libraries (UI-Rtos) are a plus.
* Other qualities we are seeking: Leadership traits, aesthetic sense, ability to develop world class interfaces, positive attitude towards technical challenges and very open ended creative thinking.
* Languages: English – full proficiency, business fluent.
* For consideration, please submit a copy of (or link) to your portfolio
Design, Process & Technology Engineering
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you
if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.
How To Apply