Senior Graphic Designer - Randa Luggage
Randa Luggage is the global leader in luggage and travel accessories. Collaborating with over 25 leading brands, we design, reinvent, manufacture, distribute, and market lifestyle luggage and travel accessories.
We are now hiring for a Senior Graphic Designer for packaging and display to join our fast-paced team and spearhead projects from concept through actualization within the retail consumer product space.
Innovation in packaging and display is one of the key components to our growth as we continue to expand into new product categories. We are searching for a multi-talented designer with minimum 5 years of experience in the field of graphic design with an emphasis in retail packaging. This individual should have winning leadership skills with a great attitude and an ability to influence others. Must possess the ability to work independently, handle multiple projects, adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines and be passionate about getting the details right. Applicants need to have the ability to translate brand product philosophies into packaging concepts as you work across the many brands in our portfolio. Applicant will spearhead all tradeshow and showroom visuals on a seasonal basis.
The ideal candidate is a "self-starter" and the ultimate team player as you will be working closely with the other designers in the Graphics department as well as product designers and merchandisers. You will often be asked to present on behalf of the team to internal management and sales as well as to our customers. Candidates must be able to communicate with clarity and authority when needed.
- Create outstanding signage, packaging, fixtures, display, marketing material, meeting visuals, and a wide variety of other projects from concept through actualization within the retail consumer product space
- Develop creative design solutions while adhering to brand guidelines and philosophies
- Prepare and deliver production-ready files for print including die-line for packaging
- Oversee production of projects comparing vendor quotes, making budget decisions on paper stock and printing options. Ensure proper installation from various vendors. Maintain good relationships with select vendors.
- Create product sell sheets
- Create sales presentations for major US retailers
- Update showroom visuals and displays on a seasonal basis
- Create concepts and designs for trade shows and then implement what is created
- Interact with overseas factories and local suppliers
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners across the organization including Merchandising, Design, Production, Sourcing, and Sales
- Regularly scour the digital and physical marketplace to stay informed on emerging technologies, industry trends, and best practices
- Domestic travel as needed up to 10%
- Occasional lifting of display and merchandising equipment up to 40lbs
Experience and Skillset:
- An astounding portfolio of inspired design work demonstrating a deep understanding of both typography, color, and clear marketing messages
- 5+ years of experience in Graphic, packaging and POP display design
- Strong talent for all elements of design, layout, and typography
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing process and materials as they relate to packaging and displays
- Superior skills in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and 3D programs are a must
- Proficiency with all MS office applications
- Writing skills are necessary for product copy, sales presentations, and other marketing material
- High level verbal and digital presentation skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or related
Reports to Sr. Merchandiser
How To Apply