Art Director/Senior Designer
Who we are:
Hybrid is a graphic design studio based in San Francisco. Our focus is on creating wonderfully engaging design–which includes: branding, identities, campaign development and strategy, publication design and production, retail and environmental, advertising, digital/websites, and packaging for clients like Nike, Mohawk Paper, Apple, Adobe, Google, TED, Lego, Levis, Lucasfilm, Samsung, Starwood Hotels, and the United Nations.
What we are looking for:
Hybrid is searching for a personable, experienced and inspired Art Director/Senior Designer to initiate, manage and supervise creative design projects.
The Art Director/Senior Designer is responsible for managing and elevating the work; leading concept development; designing unique creative solutions; coordinating outside experts and/or freelance support as necessary; and quality tracking through the various stages of the design and production process.
A successful candidate will love both creative direction and designing his/her own creative solutions. Will be comfortable being hands-on in the entire design process from concept to production.
About the responsibilities:
● Lead interdisciplinary teams (graphic designers, strategists, content developers, product experts, etc.) to breakthrough creative solutions addressing client challenges
● Deliver quick creative direction on all design mediums (print, video, experiential, etc.) • Contribute original design work on a wide range of projects (identity, packaging, print, etc.)
● Continue to push the boundaries of the studio’s design and aesthetic
● Explore new and creative ways for brands, campaigns, platforms and designs to exist in the world
● Understand new technologies and how they allow for creating and sharing great designs (basic understanding of interactive design and tools is a must)
● Senior client lead on business development, engagements and presentations pertaining to creative deliverables
● 5% travel required
About the qualifications:
· 3-6 years of art direction and design experience in a creative studio environment (branding, print and interactive)
· Proven track-record of working at the intersection of strategy and design
· Experience managing consulting engagements and small teams (familiarity with online project management systems)
· An organized and detail-oriented mindset
· Excellent written and verbal skills
· Familiarity with all phases of the design life cycle and ability to work with a team through execution of all phases (strategy, conceptualization, development, budgeting, scheduling, creating proposals, client approvals, resources management; status reporting; deadline tracking; execution; and close-out)Ability to coordinate requests from the various parties involved in projects (clients, designers, suppliers, printers, illustrators, photographers, writers, stock agencies, etc.)
· Excellence in client interface and customer service
· Confident and experienced in presenting creative
· Creative, passionate, sense of humor and easy-going spirit
· Looking for an upbeat person that can be a team leader, but also a great team member.
· 5% travel may be required
How to get in touch with us:
Please provide a sample of your portfolio via PDF or website link. No phone calls or in-person visits please. We will look only at submitted electronic portfolios at this time. If additional materials are needed, we will be in touch directly to arrange for their delivery. Please check our website to see if you are a good fit for our firm. Please include Art Director/Senior Designer in the subject line of e-mail.
Please send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.