Lead User Experience Designer (UX), 3D Print- New Materials
Our Lead UX Designer is accountable for acquiring and synthesizing customer knowledge and insights, and leading the application of those insights to define and validate experience designs for 3D New Materials printing.
This position will lead efforts to obtain and maintain foundational 3D Print customer knowledge, in partnership with product management and the design team. Methods will include primary and secondary research, and result in documented delivery of insights to GxD and partners in the form of experience frameworks, objectives and priorities, and user stories. This role will drive insights into user-valued design innovations and differentiation on a timely and coordinated basis.
This position will also own a 3D experience roadmap, and concept testing and validation in partnership with designers and program partners. And this role will also provide guidance and coaching for our 3D design teams and partners toward best practices for knowledge acquisition and validation.
Own and drive workgroup 3D customer definition, based on deep customer knowledge and insights that will serve as foundational and architectural experience pillars. Actively partner with 3D business team and 3D commercial product line UX to assure portfolio alignments.
• Build and evolve a customer-based foundation for 3D print experience design, based on a set of specific customers/personas, anticipated needs, and insights that can be utilized to create value-add design.
• Collaborate on plans, definitions, targets with greater 3D business team and commercial 3D design team.
Leads overall user experience design definition, strategy and execution for HP 3D Workgroup print product HW and SW/UI. Responsible for researching, planning and producing holistic experience concepts and specifications that optimize the user experience across all touchpoints (HW, SW, and integration with Services) for the benefit of HP 3D print business, customers, users, and partners.
• Drive customer-centered design activities to ensure design and innovations are based on stated and unstated customer needs. Emphasis on synthesis of customer information and data into actionable insights.
• Ensure that the workgroup customer needs are understood and well-socialized for our 3D business partners, and are usable by design and marketing across the 3D business.
• Identify gaps early, and drive customer needs into early strategic work for long-term effect, and ensure that designs are delivering to the objectives and strategies established.
Establishes and manages 3D experience design projects including schedule, resources, deliverables and reviews, in partnership with design and the 3D print development programs.
• Create test plans based on templates and best practice for each purpose anticipated to be run for 3D design and ensure quality, consistency, and efficient results.
• Lead the partnership with with CMI and Product Management to ensure we create synergy, and not duplication, in 3D customer research efforts.
• Partner with GxD Operations to ensure appropriate budgeting and facilities planning for anticipated work.
• Establish a pool of research providers including recruiting, facilities, facilitation that are efficient and cost-effective.
Establishes and manages usability targets and thresholds for 3D designs.
• Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with user experience design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and user experience.
Leads and influences the greater HP 3D print business toward best customer experiences and aligned strategies and designs.
• Build relationships and trust across the HP 3D Print business and design teams.
• Demonstrate experience design leadership across the business.
Key Skills and behaviors:
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to influence across existing organization as well as external partners
• Demonstrate and be recognized as a leader among peers
• Ability to provide direction in a timely manner in support of critical business decisions
• Proven ability to influence and comfortably interact across multiples levels within HP.
• Excellent technical and business judgment; demonstrated ability to express choice points in the form of clear trade-offs
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and inconsistency
• Ability to break down complex requests in order to translate into clear objectives and create customer value with achievable delivery timelines
Communication and Cross-Organizational:
• Crisp, clear and timely written & oral communicator
• Demonstrated ability to make persuasive arguments technical teams
• Ability to communicate with multi-disciplinary technical and business teams in order to translate customer/business needs into clear technical requirements
• Strong technical mentorship capability, with a demonstrated ability to improve the technical community’s performance
• Ability to collaborate across functions and leverage the capability of the organization to drive change and achieve stated/documented goals
Please note: Candidates should include an updated resume (Word or PDF) AND a Portfolio link/design samples when applying
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.