Sr. Concept Engineer
A Concept Engineer at Milwaukee Tool is part of the leading edge of discovery and new product invention within the organization. A Concept Engineer is an inventor, a dreamer, and has an unparalleled passion to create new and interesting solutions to address user needs. A Concept Engineer has a hands-on, creative spirit, can see past perceived barriers and false paradigms, and uses that mentality to uncover new ways of thinking to solve challenging user needs and technical hurdles. As part of a cross-functional team composed of equally motivated Design Researchers, Industrial Designers, and other Concept Engineers, you will work in harmony to uncover unmet user needs, ideate creative ways to solve the unmet needs, and act as the technical expert in the creation and execution of the ideas into concepts. Also, able to mentor junior level concept engineers along the path of concept development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate in local and regional field research and user centered design process. Define benefits that are critical to our users and build prototypes to execute on those benefits.
• Work closely with other core competencies within the organization (Marketing, Reliability, Testing, Rapid Prototyping) to develop best in class products and new to world concepts.
• Critically evaluate product designs considering user needs, durability, materials, and manufacturing processes.
• Perform a wide variety of engineering and design tasks including but not limited to:
• Translating user observations to insights
• Rapid Prototype development ranging from low fidelity to looks-like/works-like
• Strong 3D modeling skills in your choice of NX, SolidWorks, and/or CREO
• Engineering Analyses: thermal, mechanical, CFD, motion
• Basic understanding and use of GD&T.
• Proficient in various prototyping methods from low to high fidelity.
• Comfortable in a dynamic and ever changing environment and work load.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, and Mechanical Engineering Technology, Engineering Physics
• Strong mechanical aptitude based on experience is required including a broad knowledge of mechanisms, engineering materials, mechanical properties, and manufacturing processes
• Proficiency in various computer skills including Microsoft Office Tools
• Personal attributes: highly motivated, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, dynamic
• Superior communication skills. Engaged team member with a hands-on attitude. Not afraid to fail in order to learn.
• Craves giving and receiving real time feedback and criticism
• High interest in, and experience with, the tools of the trade
• A maker. DIY spirit who welcomes the adventure of solving their own problems inside and outside the workplace.
• Entrepreneurial spirit. Able to see vision of product, business and user experience with the drive to make it real.
• A general ‘ask for forgiveness not permission’ attitude to get things done
Milwaukee Tool is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
How To Apply