Freelance Graphic Designer
If you have ever thought, “There has got to be a better way to do this!”, you belong at OXO. Our mission is to make everyday living easier by identifying those annoyances that we all have and developing products that help make short work of life's daily tasks. We study people—lefties and righties, male and female, young and old—interacting with products, and we identify opportunities for meaningful improvement.
We are hiring a Freelance Graphic Designer who will be responsible for the design and execution of print and online deliverables. The Graphic Designer works closely with internal graphic designers, copywriters, photographers and product managers. Work will include trade show deliverables, brochures, catalogs, display cards, point-of-purchase with the guidance of the Creative Director and senior team members.
This will be a three-month freelance position with the possibility of extension based on-site in our New York City office.
• Fulfills the needs of departments within the organization by providing graphics for sales collateral, point of purchase, signage and digital applications
• Develops original designs while maintaining brand identity
• Works cross-functionally with creative, product management, sales and brand communications
• Bachelor's degree in graphic design or related field
• 3+ years of graphic design experience
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat) and Microsoft Office
• Print related mechanical experience
• Strong layout and typography skills
• Understanding of design-related processes such as photography, retouching, printing, and production
• Experience working in print-ready mechanicals
• Highly organized, self-motivated, able to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
• Packaging and in-house experience a plus
Working for OXO
Have you ever had to peel a ton of veggies and felt like your hands were getting a tough workout? Or felt frustrated when you tried to get freshly-baked cookies onto your plate and the best part ended up stuck to the sheet? Or been grossed out while cleaning your bathroom, because the dirtiest spots were just out of reach? These are just some of the many pet peeves that we live to solve. Our thoughtful, “question everything” process and relentless attention to detail uncover the best solutions for cooking, baking, cleaning, organizing and more. If this inspires you, please apply and tell us why you want to join our dynamic, growing team.
For more information about who we are and what we do, click here.
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Apply