Lead User Experience Designer
Lead User Experience Designer
At Modernizing Medicine, we are looking for passionate, innovative, creative Rock Stars!
- Inc. 2016 List of 5000 Fastest-growing Private Companies in America
- Florida Fast 100 - 2016 List of Florida's fastest-growing companies
- Deloitte’s 2015 Technology Fast 500™
- Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in Healthcare – 2015
- SFBJ 2015 #1 Best Place to Work
Modernizing Medicine’s web and mobile applications are changing the way thousands of physicians practice medicine. We are looking to hire an experienced Lead User Experience Designer to execute innovative approaches in the pursuit of the highest quality user experience for our clients.
As a Lead User Experience Designer for Modernizing Medicine, you will be working in an energetic, dynamic, and creative environment to design a highly effective user experience for our emerging and existing web and mobile healthcare products and services.
What you'll be doing:
The job of a Lead UX designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life. In this role, you will work on complex design challenges and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use solutions for thousands of medical practices around the country.
Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of other designers, developers, and product managers throughout the design process — from creating wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. You will work with our team to better understand our users’ needs through UX research studies and to help validate our designs. As a lead, you will be responsible for sharing your in-depth knowledge and expertise as a mentor to other UX designers.
- Manage and mentor other UX designers as part of a product scrum team
- Partner with product owners and other stakeholders on UX strategy and implementation
- Work across teams to understand user needs, business, and feature requirements.
- Contribute to the creation and evolution of design principles, guidelines and patterns.
- Collaborate with and inspire other designers on the team, keeping up with the design industry evolution including best practices, new trends and tools.
- Create and provide oversight on design deliverables that support the UCD processing including wireframes, screen flows, high fidelity mockups and prototypes.
Conduct user research and testing including card sorting, usability testing, user interviews, and contextual inquiries.
- Analyze user feedback and iterate on designs to enhance the user experience.
- Communicate best practices for design and reasoning behind UX decisions to key stakeholders.
Required expertise and experience:
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in interaction design for both web and mobile applications. Ideally has experience with either or both iOS and Android platforms.
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles.
- A relevant portfolio of work illustrating user-centered design solutions (e.g. personas, wireframes, workflows, mockups, and prototypes).
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Expert proficiency in design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite or Sketch, and prototyping tools such as Invision, Axure or Flinto.
- Effective communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytic skills.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Human-Centered Computing (HCC), Cognitive Psychology, or other relevant programs.
- Experience in healthcare a plus.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.