Book Interior Designer
Scholastic seeks an experienced and talented freelance book interior designer to join its Education division in-house for a 3 month project—potentially extending to 6 months. The book interior designer’s primary job responsibilities are to design best-in-class participant guides for series of customer-facing workshops. There may also be some PowerPoint work needed for those workshops. The book interior designer must be able to effectively collaborate with the design director to meet deadlines and exceed expectations.
Required Experience & Abilities:
• A bachelor’s degree in design.
• 4-6 years of relevant experience.
• Mastery of typographic hierarchy and print page architecture.
• Mastery of InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
• Experience with print production.
• Experience designing for the education market is a plus.
• Experience with WoodWing is a plus.
• The ability to attend to details while multitasking.
• The ability to manage multiple projects.
• The ability to take direction yet maintain intuition.
• Spectacular communication skills.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and a portfolio link.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.