We are currently seeking a suitably experienced Equipment Designer to join the Kathmandu Design Team. You will be responsible for the research, design, and development of Kathmandu Equipment Range requirements with focus on innovation, Design DNA, a point of difference, and maximising of market potential with new and current products. Your previous design and development work will be invaluable to your contribution to the design team in communicating the value and integrity of Kathmandu as a leading outdoor and lifestyle brand.
Working closely with Product Managers, Garment Technicians, Fabric Technologists and other Designers, your ability to commercialize products will enable you to successfully develop equipment ranges that reflect the needs of Kathmandu’s core customer groups.
The successful applicant will ideally have:
• 3-5 years’ proven experience in the design and development of outdoor products, including technical specifications, is essential.
• Exceptional skills and ability to utilise design based research, concept creation, prototype creation testing and presentation to inform the product development process.
• Sound technical knowledge of fabric types, relevant construction techniques, and processes
• Thorough understanding of current market trends and design innovation.
• Experience with CAD programmes such as Illustrator is essential. Solidworks desirable.
• Excellent organisational and planning skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Ability to work to set deadlines and adhere to these.
• Self-motivated, team-orientated style.
• Effective communication skills, ability to work across multiple departments internally.
• Experience working with offshore manufacturing companies is preferable.
• Experience in soft goods pack design is highly desirable.
The right personal attributes that align with Kathmandu’s friendly and open culture and values is paramount; we are our Brand, and have affinity for travel and adventure lifestyle pursuits, we want you to understand our passion too.
If you are looking for a role with a forward thinking, iconic brand whose values include integrity, passion & determination and resourcefulness, this is the chance of a lifetime to come and work, live and play in the South Island of New Zealand with mountains, rivers and the beach on your doorstep. Kathmandu offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with level of experience, fantastic staff discounts, as well as a relaxed and friendly team environment.
How To Apply